||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Andrew Bernardi (born 22 April 1965) is an English violinist, educator and music entrepreneur. He lives in the parish of Shipley near Horsham, and has performed with many of the UK's leading orchestras including Guildford Philharmonic Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and The Bernardi Music Group. He is a long serving member of Professorial Staff at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, from where many of his pupils have become very successful professional musicians, teachers and Arts managers. His Bernardi Music Group consists of a Professional Orchestra, Shipley Arts Festival and the Gifted and Talented String Academy. The Shipley Arts Festival has become one of the leading British Music Festival's in Sussex and the UK, and many new works have been commissioned including 'Great Hill's' by Cecilia McDowall, 'The Margraves Dream' by Malcolm Singer and 'To Notice Such Things' by the late Jon Lord (formerly of Deep Purple) and in memory of Sir John Mortimer.
He is married to Lucy Bernardi and they have a son, Joshua Bernardi.
Andrew Bernardi was educated at The Skinners' School, Tunbridge Wells, Leeds University and Trinity College of Music where he led all the orchestras as a postgraduate scholar. Andrew plays on a priceless Stradivarius violin dated 1696, and voirin bow formerly owned by Lord Yehudi Menuhin.
- British Music Yearbook - Annabel Carter - Google Boeken
- British and International Music Yearbook - Toby Deller - Google Boeken
- Child in Time: The Life Story of the Singer from Deep Purple - Ian Gillan, David Cohen - Google Boeken
- Teaching Staff | Junior Trinity | Trinity Laban
- Sussex Arts Academy-Launch night at Sedgwick Park » Andrea Sarlo's Photography Blog
- Orchestral works by Cecilia McDowall, British Composer
- Lodge Hill Centre : SOLH Christmas Pudding Concert