24 October 1980 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Andrew Bibby (born 24 October 1980), in Melbourne, Victoria, is an Australian actor who played Lance Wilkinson on the Australian soap opera Neighbours in 1995, 1996–2001 and in 2005. He went to Maranatha Christian School in Endeavour Hills, Melbourne, Victoria.
After leaving Neighbours rumours circulated that Andrew Bibby had died in a pole-vaulting accident. This prompted hundreds of calls and emails by upset fans to the show's producers in Melbourne, Australia. However, this rumour was soon found not to be true when after several years absence Andrew made a brief return to Neighbours.
Bibby worked for the Bell Shakespeare company in 2004 and also featured in several advertisements including the Zoo Weekly ad, and has previously been on the St. George Bank ad. In 2005 he performed in the play, The Fire Raisers at the Old Fitzroy Theatre. Bibby featured in the 2007 Australian short film, DisPretty, by Stephanine Bates.
In August 2008, Bibby played the role of "Fairbanks" for the Australian premiere of the one man show Radio by Al Smith at the Old Fitzroy Theatre. He played the principal role in Ross Mueller's No Man's Island (2–27 June 2009) directed by Travis Green and "Barnum" in the Australian premiere of How to Act Around Cops by Logan Brown and Matthew Benjamin at the Darlinghurst Theatre, directed by Leland Kean.
He is a founding member and associate artist of Shaman Productions, based in Sydney
- Computer Kids – television movie (1994)
- A Country Practice – television series (1994)
- Blue Heelers – television series (1994)
- Ocean Girl – television series (1995)
- Hotel de Love (1996)
- Neighbours – television series (1995–2001, 2005)
- DisPretty (2007)
- All Saints – television series (2008)
- My Place – television series (2009)
- Underbelly: The Golden Mile – television series (2010)
- "Andrew Bibby". IMDb. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Hotel de Love". IMDb. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Mascarenhas, Alan (26 August 2005). "Hot stuff". The Age (Australia). Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "DisPretty". Withoutabox. IMDB. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Dispretty". Screen Australia. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Radio gets an airing". AussieTheatre.com. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Dale, Amy (2 November 2009). "Underbelly shoot at NSW Parliament". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved 29 March 2010.