|Andrew O. Brenner|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 2nd district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Kris Jordan|
January 14, 1971 |
|Spouse(s)||Sara Marie Brenner|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
Andrew O. Brenner (born January 14, 1971) is an American politician in the U.S. State of Ohio. He is a Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives. He was re-elected to represent the 67th district in 2012.
In 2010, former Representative Kris Jordan moved to the Ohio Senante, and Brenner ran for his open seat. Jordan's wife, Melissa was appointed to fill Brenner's position as Recorder. In the Republican Primary, Brenner faced five opponents collecting 24.4% of the vote. In the general election, facing Richard Bird, he won by 26,000 votes.
Brenner sponsored a bill that created a three-year pilot program involving screening and special instruction for students with dyslexia in cooperation with a local library. The measure was sponsored with Ted Celeste. It aims to evaluate the effectiveness of early reading assistance programs for children with dyslexia and to evaluate whether those programs can reduce future special education costs. The bill would officially recognize dyslexia as a learning disability under state law.
In 2012, Brenner defeated Craig Schweitzer in the republican primary, and then went on to win reelection in November against democrat David Hogan.
His wife, Sara Marie Brenner, is a Councilwoman and owns Prestige Music Studios, a private music business in Powell, Ohio. Brenner operates the business with his wife.  Brenner and his wife reside in Powell, Ohio.
- "Republicans sweep Delaware County races". This Week News. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Fallout of term limits also felt in counties". Dispatch.com. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- Brenner and Jordan win nominations "Brenner and Jordan win nominations". This week News. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Hanna, Kellie (2011-05-25). "Ohio House OKs Dyslexia Bill". ABC 6. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Siegel, Jim (2011-05-31). "Bills would add dyslexia to learning-disabilities list". Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Andrew Brenner - House District 67". The Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Powell business owes IRS back taxes "Powell business owes IRS back taxes". Dispatch.com. 2011-08-25. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Brenner runs for second term, boasts ‘proven track record". The Delaware Gazette.com. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Representative Andrew Brenner (R-Powell) official site
- Andrew Brenner campaign site
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|