Andrew C. Skinner
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2011)|
Andrew C. Skinner (born 1951) was a dean of religious education at Brigham Young University and the author of a wide variety of books and articles on historical and doctrinal topics. Skinner currently serves as the executive director of the Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship.
Skinner grew up in Colorado. From 1970 to 1972 he was a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in the California Central Mission. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Colorado.
Skinner holds a master's degree in theology from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in history from the University of Denver. Prior to joining the faculty of Brigham Young University, Skinner was a religion instructor at Ricks College for four years.
Skinner is the co-author of Jerusalem: The Eternal City. He has written several books related to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ including The Garden Tomb. Among Skinner's works are several articles on LDS doctrinal topics in the Encyclopedia of Latter-day Saint History, as well as the article on Abraham Lincoln in that volume. He wrote an article for the LDS magazine "Ensign" entitled The Book of Abraham: A Most Remarkable Book wherein he discusses LDS cosmology. Skinner also wrote the article on Lincoln's Presidency in the Encyclopedia of North American History. He co-authored Joseph: Exploring the Life and Ministry of the Prophet with Susan Easton Black.
Skinner is married to Janet Corbridge. They are the parents of six children.
- "Jerusalem : the eternal city / David B. Galbraith, D. Kelly Ogden, Andrew...". Copyright Catalog (1978 to present). United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2005
- Skinner, Andrew (March 1997), "The Book of Abraham: A Most Remarkable Book", Ensign: 16
- Tarrytown, New York: Marshall Cavendish Corp., 1999
- Andrew C. Skinner, "Authors", maxwellinstitute.byu.edu (Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship, Brigham Young University)
- Andrew C. Skinner, "Faculty Directory", religion.byu.edu (Religious Education [Department], Brigham Young University)
- Andrew C. Skinner, "Authors", deseretbook.com (Deseret Book)