|Team||UC Santa Barbara|
|Alma mater||Oregon State '98|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Riverside Community College
UC Riverside (asst.)
UC Santa Barbara
|Head coaching record|
Checketts graduated from West Linn High School in West Linn, Oregon and was named 1994 Oregon State High School Player of the Year. He then played one season at Florida before transferring to Oregon State for his remaining three years. In his final year with the Beavers, he posted an 11–1 record, earning conference and national honors and a 21st round selection by the Boston Red Sox in the 1998 Major League Baseball Draft. He played briefly in the Red Sox system at the end of 1998, then played for the Independent Tri-City Posse for one season before turning to coaching.
Checketts began coaching at Riverside Community College in 2001, serving as pitching coach and helping the team to their second state championship. The next season, he moved across town to UC Riverside where he stayed for six seasons as pitching coach and later recruiting coordinator. The Highlanders claimed their first Big West Conference championship in his final season and ranked highly in several national statistical pitching categories. Checketts then moved to Oregon, which re-launched its program in 2008. He served as pitching coach and was also instrumental in several strong recruiting classes for the Ducks. In his time at UC Riverside and Oregon, Checketts had 36 pitchers drafted or sign pro contracts, including nine draft picks in three years at Oregon.
Following the 2011 season, Checketts was named head coach at UC Santa Barbara. The Gauchos were coming off a sixth place finish in the competitive Big West Conference and had not appeared in the NCAA tournament since 2001. He claimed 28 wins in his first season, most in school history for a first year head coach, and his pitching staff set a school record for strikeouts. UC Santa Barbara also led the league in batting for the first time since 1984.
Head coaching records
|UC Santa Barbara (Big West Conference) (2012–present)|
|2012||UC Santa Barbara||28-28||10-14||t-6th|
|2013||UC Santa Barbara||35-25||17-10||t-2nd||NCAA Regional|
|2014||UC Santa Barbara||34-17||12-12||t-5th|
|UC Santa Barbara:||97-70||39-36|
- "Andrew Checketts". ucsbgauchos.com. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- "Andrew Checketts". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Jim Beseda (June 22, 2011). "Andrew Checketts named head baseball coach at UC Santa Barbara". Oregonlive.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- December 30, 2012 (June 22, 2011). "Oregon pitching coach Andrew Checketts named head coach at UC Santa Barbara". The Register-Guard (Eugene, OR).
- Bob Clark (June 23, 2011). "Coach Can't Say No to Job Pitch: Ex-UO Pitching Coach Andrew Checketts Officially Named Santa Barbara's Head Coach". The Register-Guard (Eugene, OR). p. C1. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "2012 Was a Year of Many Records for Baseball Team". prestosports.com. May 29, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "2012 Big West Conference Baseball Standings". D1Baseball.com. Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "2013 Big West Conference Baseball Standings". D1Baseball.com. Jeremy Mills. Archived from the original on May 28, 2013. Retrieved May 28, 2013.