Andrew Dunn (actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
12 April 1957 |
Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
Andrew Dunn (born 12 April 1957) is an English actor, best known for the role of Tony in the BBC sitcom Dinnerladies between 1998 and 2000. He later played Roger Stiles in Coronation Street from 2007 to 2008. He was born in Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, but was brought up in North Shields, Northumberland, eight miles (13 km) east of Newcastle upon Tyne, before leaving for London at the age of 20. He trained as a teacher but decided he wanted to act. He later moved to York where he resides to this day.
Andrew has appeared in numerous television series including perhaps his best known role to date, as Tony in Dinnerladies. In addition he has also appeared in The Bill, Holby City, 55 Degrees North, Heartbeat, and Coronation Street in 2003. He had a lead role playing Hardy in the British feature film Between Two Women (2000) and also appeared in the British feature film The Jealous God (2005).
In December 2006 he rejoined the cast of Coronation Street as Roger Stiles, a plumber and new love interest for Janice Battersby. On 29 September 2008 it was announced he was the latest character to be axed from Corrie and he made his final appearance on 8 October 2008.
From 1999 until at least 2006, Dunn played the recurring role of Alastair Campbell in the political satire, Bremner, Bird & Fortune. Andrew reprised his role as Alastair Campbell in the BBC Radio 4 play "The Iraq Dossier", written by David Morley, which was broadcast on 2 March 2013.
Andrew joined old cast members of Dinnerladies in March 2009 to perform a stage version of the hit show.
- Mr. Right - Feature film, 2009
- Popcorn - Feature film, 2007
- The Jealous God - Feature film 2005
- Ali G Indahouse - Feature film, 2002
- Between Two Women - Feature film 2000
- Dinnerladies - 2009, stage adaptation of the popular BBC sitcom, York Theatre Royal and the Darlington Civic Theatre
- 'Art' - 2006, York Theatre Royal
"iShandy" - 2013, York Theatre Royal
- Doctors (2011) as Owain Brumpton
- Law & Order: UK (2010) as Martin Douglas
- My family: UK (2009) as Captin of the Menaces Darts team, Martin
- Coronation Street (2003 & 2006) latterly as Roger Stiles, Janice's boyfriend
- Cake (BBC TV, 2006) Part of Brief Encounters Season
- Dalziel & Pascoe (BBC TV, 2006)
- Blue Murder (2005)
- 55 Degrees North (2004–2005, Regular, Series 1&2)
- Gifted (TV, 2003)
- No Angels (2003)
- Bremner, Bird and Fortune (2002 as Alistair Campbell)
- Dinnerladies (1998–2000) as Tony Martin: two series
- The Ritz (1987) as Skodge
- "Dinnerladies star joins Corrie"
- "Casting Announced for U.K. Tour of Simon Beaufoy's Play Version of The Full Monty". playbill.com. Playbill. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.