Andrew Hammond (ice hockey)
February 11, 1988 |
White Rock, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Binghamton Senators (AHL)
Hammond played his junior hockey in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL). He played one game with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs in the 2006–07 season. He played two seasons with Vernon Vipers, finishing in the 2008–09 season with a .912 save percentage and a 2.30 goals against average.
Hammond attended Bowling Green State University where he played four seasons (2009 - 2013) with the Bowling Green Falcons men's ice hockey team. In 111 games played he earned a record of 30-68-13, and he was awarded the NCAA team’s Most Valuable Player award for both the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
On March 20, 2013, the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League signed Hammond as a free agent goaltender to a two-year entry-level contract. He was assigned to the team's AHL affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
On February 26, 2014, Hammond was recalled by the Ottawa Senators to replace goaltender Craig Anderson who was with his wife to attend the birth of the couple's second child. The next day, Hammond, who was backup to Robin Lehner, entered a game against the Detroit Red Wings at 5:05 of the second after Lehner gave up six goals and was pulled. Hammond stopped eleven out of eleven shots the rest of the way.
On February 18, 2015, Hammond made his first career NHL start against the Montreal Canadiens at Canadian Tire Centre after goaltender Robin Lehner was injured in Ottawa's previous game. Hammond earned his first NHL victory, stopping 42 shots in a 4-2 victory and was named the game's First Star. Two games later he recorded his first career NHL shutout as the Senators defeated the Anaheim Ducks 3-0,  and the next day he recorded his second consecutive shutout in a 1-0 win over the Los Angeles Kings. Hammond's four consecutive wins marked only the second time of the season that Ottawa won more than two games in a row.
- Senators sign goaltender Andrew Hammond to a two-year contract - Ottawa Senators - News
- Andrew Hammond signs his first NHL CONTRACT https://twitter.com/goaliecoach/status/314136820059369472/photo/1
- Ottawa Senators recall Andrew Hammond to back up Robin Lehner - NHL.com - News
- Hammond leads Sens over Habs in first start http://www.tsn.ca/hammond-leads-sens-over-habs-in-first-start-1.210619
- Senators go Duck hunting, blank Anaheim http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/26/ottawa-senators-blank-anaheim-ducks-3-0
- Hammond, Senators blank Ducks http://www.tsn.ca/hammond-senators-blank-ducks-1.216529