Andrew Henderson (botanist)
|Andrew J. Henderson|
|Born||September 8, 1950
|Institutions||Institute of Systematic Botany, New York Botanical Garden|
Andrew James Henderson is a palm-systematist and Curator of the Institute of Systematic Botany at the New York Botanical Garden. He has authored taxonomic descriptions of 140 species, subspecies and varieties of plants, especially in the palm family
Henderson was educated in Wycliffe College in Gloucestershire and Birkbeck College, University of London, and received his Ph.D. from City University of New York in 1987. He joined the New York Botanic Garden in 1987.
- Andrew J. Henderson. International Plant Science Center, New York Botanical Garden.
- International Plant Names Index
- Henderson, Andrew J. (1995). The Palms of the Amazon. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-508311-3.
- Henderson, Andrew; Gloria Galeano; Rodrigo Bernal (1995). Field Guide to the Palms of the Americas. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press. ISBN 0-691-08537-4.
- "Author Query for 'A.J.Hend.'". International Plant Names Index.
|This article about a British botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|