Andrew Holtz, MPH, is a former CNN Medical Correspondent, and now an independent journalist covering health and medicine. He is the author of The Medical Science of House, M.D.. His second book, The Real Grey's Anatomy: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Real Lives of Surgical Residents,. A second book on "House" was published in March 2011. House M.D. vs. Reality: Fact and Fiction in the Hit Television Series, examines topics and issues from recent seasons of the Fox TV series.
Holtz's work has appeared on the PBS HealthWeek program, ScientificAmerican.com, the-scientist.com, and many other news media outlets. He reviews news coverage of medicine for HealthNewsReview.org.
Holtz is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Health Care Journalists. He was President of the board from 2000 to 2004 and Interim Executive Director in 2004-05.
Andrew Holtz has a Master of Public Health degree from the Oregon MPH program, and a BA from Stanford University.
- The Medical Science of House, M.D. Berkley Books. 2006. ISBN 978-0-425-21230-1.
- "New Book by OT Contributor Andrew Holtz". Oncology Times. 10 Feb 2010.
- The Real Grey's Anatomy: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Real Lives of Surgical Residents. Berkley Books. 2010. ISBN 978-0-425-23211-8.
- "New ‘House’ Book by Andrew Holtz". Oncology Times. 25 Mar 2011.
- House M.D. vs. Reality: Fact and Fiction in the Hit Television Series. ISBN 978-0-425-23893-6.
- "New PBS Series on Health: Unnatural Causes: What's Your Opinion?". Oncology Times. 25 Mar 2008.