|Pittsburgh Pirates – No. 57|
|First baseman / Outfielder|
August 11, 1988 |
Beverly Hills, California
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|August 13, 2013 for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||2|
Los Angeles Dodgers
Lambo was selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 4th round of the 2007 MLB Draft out of Newbury Park High School. He played for the Gulf Coast Dodgers in 2007 and the Great Lakes Loons and Jacksonville Suns in 2007. He was selected as Midwest League All-Star Outfielder in 2008 while with the Loons. In 2009 & 2010 he was assigned to the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, BaseballAmerica.com rated him as the organization's top rated prospect of 2009 He was selected to represent the Lookouts at the 2009 Southern League mid-season All-Star game. On May 1, 2010, Lambo was suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball for testing positive for a banned substance, quantified as a "drug of abuse." On July 31, 2010 he was traded (along with pitcher James McDonald) to the Pittsburgh Pirates for reliever Octavio Dotel.
He hit .236 with 11 home runs and 58 RBI in 2011 between two minor league levels and then missed most of 2012 with a wrist injury. Playing for the Altoona Curve of the Double-A Eastern League, Lambo hit for the cycle on April 8, 2013, the first cycle in team history. After he hit .284 with 24 doubles, 5 triples, 31 home runs and 97 RBI in 117 games between Altoona and the AAA Indianapolis Indians, the Pirates announced on August 12, 2013 that they would call Lambo up to Major League Baseball for the first time on August 13. On September 28, 2013, Lambo hit his first career home run, a pinch-hit home run in the 6th inning against Cincinnati Reds pitcher Logan Ondrusek, the 6th home run hit by the Pirates that day. After the season, Lambo earned the organization's Minor League Player of the Year award after his 32 home runs ranked fourth among all minor league players. Lambo played winter baseball in Venezuela and played first base to prepare for the upcoming season.
- Price, Ed. (2009-01-30) Prospects: Rankings: Organization Top 10 Prospects: Los Angeles Dodgers: Top 10 Prospects. BaseballAmerica.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- Dodgers' Lambo suspended 50 games. Sports.espn.go.com (2010-05-01). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- Bucs recast bullpen to build depth elsewhere | pirates.com: News. Pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com (2010-07-31). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- Pirates prospect Lambo thriving with 2nd chance
- Lambo cycles into Altoona history
- Pirates to call up prospect Lambo
- PIT@CIN: Lambo hits his first Major League home run
- Intriguing Lambo upping his game as he moves forward
- Lambo: Looking Forward to Proving Himself
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)