Andrew Oliver (baseball)
December 3, 1987 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|June 25, 2010 for the Detroit Tigers|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||7.11|
|Competitor for United States|
|World University Championship|
|Gold||2008 Brno||National team|
Oliver was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 17th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft, but he did not sign, opting instead to attend Oklahoma State University, where he played on the Oklahoma State Cowboys baseball team.
Andy was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in 2008, resulting from an allegation by a potential agent. He sued the NCAA, and received a settlement of $750,000.00.
He was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the second round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft. Oliver started 5 times for the Tigers in 2010 but was sent back down to the Toledo Mud Hens on July 19, 2010.
- Source: Tigers to call up lefty Oliver
- Andy Oliver Part II? Sports Agent Blog December 7, 2009
- Tigers sign top picks Jacob Turner, Andrew Oliver
- Galarraga recalled, Oliver optioned MLB.com July 19, 2010
- Chris Vannini (2011-05-28). "Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled". MLB.com. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Pirates Acquire Andy Oliver". December 5, 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Detroit Tigers bio
- Oklahoma State Cowboys bio
- Erie Seawolves bio