|Member of Parliament
for Brigg and Goole
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Ian Cawsey|
|Born||1977 (age 36–37)
Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Nationality||British - English|
|Alma mater||University of York
University of Leeds
Born in Hull, he was brought up in the city, attending the all-boys (11-16) William Gee School on Bishop Alcock Road off Bricknell Avenue (it closed in August 2001 to merge with Amy Johnson School on Ringrose Street to form Endeavour High School). Percy gained a degree at the University of York and studied at the University of Leeds as a post-graduate. He worked as a secondary school history teacher and taught in several schools. He serves as a parish councillor for Airmyn. Before being elected to Parliament he served for ten years as a councillor on Hull City Council from 2000. He contested Normanton in 2005.
Percy is rated as one of the Conservatives' most rebellious MPs and has voted with Labour on key issues like loan sharking, EMA and student fees.
- "Democracy Live: Your representatives: Andrew Percy". BBC News. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "List of Members returned to serve in Parliament at the General Election 2010". London Gazette. 13 May 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- "Andrew Percy". The Conservative Party. Archived from the original on 30 April 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Brigg & Goole". BBC News. Archived from the original on 17 April 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Isaby, Jonathan (15 December 2010). "Philip Hollobone continues to top the league table of backbench rebels". Conservative Home. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Andrew Percy MP official constituency website
- Andrew Percy MP Conservative Party profile
- Yorkshire Conservatives
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- Survey replies of political views at The Guardian
- Official channel at YouTube
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Brigg and Goole