|Born||Morristown, New Jersey, United States|
Andrew Sugerman is an American film producer. He attended the University of Rochester and subsequently the NYU – Tisch School of the Arts. Andrew began his career in television commercials and educational films in New York, then moved to Los Angeles, where he now resides, to work in theatrical feature films.
Sugerman has been involved in the production of films over the past thirty years. He currently heads the production company Pantheon Entertainment. His latest picture, Conviction, starring Hilary Swank, Sam Rockwell and Minnie Driver, and directed by Tony Goldwyn, was released in 2010.
He has executive produced Death Sentence, starring Kevin Bacon, directed by James Wan, released by Twentieth Century Fox; Premonition with Sandra Bullock, from Sony Tristar; Shopgirl, released by Disney, starring Steve Martin, Claire Danes and Jason Schwartzman, directed by Anand Tucker; and Grilled for New Line Cinema, starring Ray Romano and Kevin James, directed by Jason Ensler.
In 2006, he executive produced the hit family road-trip comedy Johnson Family Vacation starring Cedric the Entertainer, Vanessa Williams and Bow Wow, for Fox Searchlight.
Mr. Sugerman produced Walter Hill's boxing drama Undisputed, starring Wesley Snipes, Ving Rhames and Peter Falk, released by Miramax. He also produced the comedy Boat Trip, starring Cuba Gooding Jr., Roger Moore, Vivica A. Fox and Will Ferrell, released by Artisan.
He served as line producer on the caper comedy The Whole Ten Yards, starring Bruce Willis, Matthew Perry and Amanda Peet, directed by Howard Deutch, released by Warner Bros, which followed the action-thriller Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, starring Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu, directed by Kaos, also from Warners. He also line produced the drama Prozac Nation, based on the Elizabeth Wurtzel novel, starring Christina Ricci, Jessica Lange, Anne Heche, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and Jason Biggs, directed by Erik Skoldbjaerg, released by Miramax.
Mr. Sugerman's extensive line producing credits also include The Prophet's Game, starring Dennis Hopper, Stephanie Zimbalist, and Sondra Locke; Kimberly, starring Gabrielle Anwar, Sean Astin, Molly Ringwald, Patty Duke, and Lainie Kazan; The Sterling Chase, starring Alanna Ubach, Jack Noseworthy, and Nicholle Tom; Michael Angel starring Dennis Hopper and Richard Grieco, Blue Motel, starring Sean Young, Soleil Moon Frye, and Robert Vaughn; and Spiders starring Lana Perrilla and Josh Green.
He also executive produced Love Kills, starring Mario Van Peebles, Lesley Ann Warren, Daniel Baldwin, and Louise Fletcher. As a producer and executive producer, Mr. Sugerman's credits also include McCinsey's Island, Mercy Street, Somebody Is Waiting, Savate, Spilt Milk, and Deadly Rivals, among others.
Additionally an accomplished director and writer, Mr. Sugerman shared the writing credit for the story of the NBC Family Special, A Place at the Table, starring Danny Glover and Lukas Haas; and he directed the feature film comedy Basic Training, starring Ann Dusenberry and Marty Brill.
His television credits include producing the movie thriller Payoff, starring Keith Carradine and Harry Dean Stanton, for Showtime; and the feature comedy Working Tra$h, starring Ben Stiller and George Carlin, directed by Alan Metter, for Fox Network. Further TV credits include executive producing the special The Bulkin Trail, starring David Hasselhoff, and producing and directing The Hayburners. He also produced and directed Mandy's Grandmother, starring Maureen O'Sullivan, which was released theatrically and garnered an Academy Award nomination.
- "Any Day" Producer (2015)
- Crazy Kind of Love Executive Producer (2012)
- Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer Executive Producer (2011)
- "Long Time Gone" Executive Producer (2011)
- Conviction Producer (2009)
- Death Sentence Executive Producer.(2006)
- Premonition Executive Producer.(2006)
- Grilled Executive Producer (2005)
- Shopgirl Executive Producer (2004)
- Johnson Family Vacation Executive Producer (2003)
- The Whole Ten Yards Line Producer (2003)
- Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever Line Producer (2002)
- Boat Trip Producer (2001)
- Undisputed Producer (2001)
- Prozac Nation Line Producer (2000)
- Spiders Line Producer (1999)
- The Prophet's Game Line Producer (1999)
- Kimberly Line Producer (1998)
- The Sterling Chase Line Producer (1998)
- The Apostate' Line Producer (1998)
- Love Kills Executive Producer (1998)
- Blue Motel Line Producer (1997)
- McCinsey's Island Supervising Producer / Line Producer (1997)
- Mercy Street Executive Producer (1997)
- Somebody is Waiting Consulting Producer (1996)
- Savate Supervising Producer (1994)
- Spilt Milk Producer (1995)
- Deadly Rivals Executive Producer (1993)
- Payoff Producer (1993)
- Working Trash Producer (1990)
- In Gold We Trust Finance Executive (1989)
- Basic Training: Director.(1985)
- Cash America: Executive Producer.(1990)
- The Bulkin Trail: Executive Producer.(1992)
- The Hayburners: Producer and Director. (1981)
- "The Divide" (TV Series) Executive Producer (2014- )
- Mandy's Grandmother: Producer and Director (1980)
- Andrew Sugerman at the Internet Movie Database