Andrew Van Slee
|Andrew Van Slee|
4 June 1965 |
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Andrew Van Slee was born on 4 June 1965 in Canada. He was trained as an opera singer and pianist. As a young man he became an actor, appearing in various local TV and film productions in Vancouver, Canada. He then studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California. At age 21 he moved to Toronto, Ontario where he became a sales manager for the publisher MacLean Hunter. After winning a lottery, he returned to Vancouver with his wife and opened ATV Studios, an acting school, as well as the extra casting agency Moo-vie Kidz for child actors in British Columbia.
Van Slee worked in the casting department for many TV movies between 1989 and 1994. In an article for the Independent Filmmakers Alliance Newsletter, he praised the value of the casting job as a way of learning the ropes in the film industry, working closely with the directors. He was a Line Producer / Production Manager on the 2001 film LAPD: To Protect and Serve with Dennis Hopper and Michael Madsen, and formed his own production company Extraordinary Media Group to make several independent films. He obtained a job with Universal Music as a producer and composer. In this role, in 2008 he created Total Pop Star, an online singing competition.
Van Slee's successful 2001 film Totally Blonde starred Krista Allen, Maeve Quinlan and the singer Michael Bublé. Van Slee produced the film’s soundtrack, Totally Buble, which was a Billboard Top 20 album for a few weeks in 2003. Most of the songs on the short, energetic disc were written by Van Slee. The CD featured Michael Bublé (vocals), Ian Putz (saxophone), Neil Nicholson (trombone), Bob Murphy (piano), Miles Hill(bass) and Buff Allen (drums). Van Slee also produced Bublé's first music video DVD.
|2004||Adam & Evil||Horror||Director, Writer, Producer|
|2003||Net Games||Thriller||Director, Writer, Producer, Actor (Delivery guy)|
|2001||Totally Blonde||Romantic comedy||Director, Writer, Producer, Actor (Babu)|
|2000||The Last American Virgin (short)||Director, Writer, Producer|
|1999||The Stalker (short)||Director, Writer, Producer|
- Andrew Van Slee at the Internet Movie Database
- "Andrew Van Slee". Universal Music Publishing Group. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- Andrew Van Slee (14 July 2006). "Ask the Producer". Newsletter. Independent Filmmakers Alliance. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "Total Pop Star with Joey Lawrence, Deborah Gibson and Andrew Van Slee to Broadcast LIVE Daily During Finale Showdown". 14 June 2008. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "Totally Buble Soundtrack Vinyl LP Record". CD Universe. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "Totally Bubl". Chapters Indigo. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "MIFED Product Guide". Retrieved 2011-04-07.