|Full name||Andrew Wiedeman|
|Date of birth||August 22, 1989|
|Place of birth||San Ramon, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Ottawa Fury FC|
|2007–2009||California Golden Bears|
|2008||San Jose Frogs||12||(6)|
|2009||NorCal Lamorinda United|
|2007||United States U18||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of December 13, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
College and amateur
Wiedeman played college soccer at the University of California, where he earned numerous individual honors, including NSCAA Far West All-Region and All-Pac-10 first teams in 2009 and NSCAA third-team All-American, All-Pac-10 first-team selection, Top Drawer Soccer's Team of the Season, NSCAA Far West All-Region first team and Pac-10 all-academic second-team selection in 2008. He left college early to enter the 2010 MLS SuperDraft as a Generation Adidas player.
During his college years Wiedeman also played with San Jose Frogs in the USL Premier Development League during the 2008 season and NorCal Lamorinda United in the National Premier Soccer League during the 2009 season. Wiedeman was also a four year starter for the California High School Fighting Grizzlies, earning all-East Bay Athletic League Honors his Junior year. Wiedeman holds an Irish passport through descent.
Wiedeman was traded to Toronto FC in exchange for Julian de Guzman on July 13, 2012. In Toronto, he rejoined former FC Dallas teammate and fellow Californian Eric Avila. He made his debut for the club a day later coming on as a substitute for Danny Koevermans, who exited with an injury, in the 41st minute. Toronto FC went on to win that game 1-0 against the New England Revolution.
He scored his first professional goal in only his second appearance for Toronto FC on July 18, 2012, coming on as a substitute for Eric Avila in the 59th minute of a home game against the Colorado Rapids and scoring the game-winning goal in the 67th minute of play, off a deflected shot from teammate Luis Silva, to earn Toronto a 2-1 victory.
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Uslsoccer.com. Retrieved Nov 2, 2012.
- "Player Bio: Andrew Wiedeman - The University of California Official Athletic Site". Calbears.com. Aug 22, 1989. Retrieved Nov 2, 2012.
- "Toronto FC decline options on Wiedeman, Hall". The Canadian Press. Nov 13, 2014. Retrieved Nov 16, 2014.
- 2010 MLS SuperDraft[dead link]
- Charles Boehm / MLSsoccer.com (Apr 28, 2010). "www.dcunited.com/news/2010/04/usoc-united-get-the-better-of-dallas". Dcunited.com. Retrieved Nov 2, 2012.
- "www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/07/13/toronto-trade-dp-de-guzman-dallas-wiedeman". Mlssoccer.com. Jul 13, 2012. Retrieved Nov 2, 2012.
- "2012-07-14-NE-v-TOR". MLSsoccer.com. Jul 14, 2012. Retrieved Nov 2, 2012.
- "Wiedeman's first for TFC extends Rapids skid 2-1". mlssoccer.com. Jul 18, 2012. Retrieved Jul 18, 2012.
- "Wiedeman flashes his poaching skills in scoring TFC winner". mlssoccer.com. Jul 18, 2012. Retrieved Jul 18, 2012.