|Born||Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko
8 March 1972
|Alma mater||Plekhanov Russian Economic University|
|Net worth||$11.4 billion (March 2013)|
With an estimated personal wealth of $11.4 billion, in 2014 he ranked 97th in the Forbes World’s billionaires list (9th in Russia).
Andrey Melnichenko graduated from Boarding School of the Specialized Education and Research Centre under the auspices of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, formerly known as the Boarding School at Kolmogorov Physics-and-Mathematics School #18.
In 1993, Andrey Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Bank citation needed][
From 1993 to 1997, Andrey Melnichenko chaired the management board of MDM Bank.
In 1997, Andrey Melnichenko graduated from the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics as Finance and Credit major. He then bought out MDM Bank shares from his partners and became the sole shareholder of the Bank.
Between 2000 and 2001, Andrey Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Group comprising industrial assets including Siberian Coal Energy Company (“SUEK”) and Mineral and Chemical Company “EuroChem”.
From 2001 to 2005, he chaired MDM Bank's board of directors.
Andrey Melnichenko also became one of the founders of Pipe and Metallurgic Company, Russia’s largest manufacturer and exporter of steel pipes.
From 2001 to 2004, he was the president of the MDM Group.
In 2007, Melnichenko acquired a stake of about 7% in the German competitor K+S, a potash and fertilizer producer based in the German town of Kassel. In 2008, Melnichenko increased his stake in K+S to about 15%.
Since 2007, Andrey Melnichenko has been part of the Bureau of the Board of Directors of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP).
In 2011, he created the SGC on the basis of electricity assets of SUEK.
In 2013, Andrey Melnichenko became the primary shareholder of SUEK and SGC after he has bought his ex-partner shares. Andrey Melnichenko was non-concurrently elected to the Board of RAO UES of Russia and TMK.
Once a noted member of the international elite "under 40" billionaire's club, Forbes magazine reported Melnichenko lost 80% of his personal fortune in 2009 as the value of his interests plummeted to $US1 billion. 
In 2014 he ranks 97th in the Forbes World’s Billionaires list (#9 in Russia).
Andrey Melnichenko's assets include:
- Open Joint-Stock Company EuroChem: Russia's largest and one of the top world producers of mineral fertilizers. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
- Open Joint Stock Siberian Coal Energy Company: the largest in Russia and one of the major coal-producing companies globally. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
- OOO Siberian Generating Company: the leading electric power generating company in Siberia. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
Andrey Melnichenko chairs Boards of Directors of EuroChem, OAO SUEK and OOO SGC.
Andrey Melnichenko owns the Motor Yacht A, which was launched in the Summer of 2008 following a four year build. The yacht was designed by Philippe Starck and Martin Francis and built at the Blohm + Voss shipbuilding yard near Hamburg, Germany. Melnichenko also owns a Boeing 737 BBJ (registered M-YBBJ).
Melnichenko has also taken legal action over the height of a sculpture he purchased for £423,000 claiming it was half the size he and his wife Aleksandra expected it to be. The sculpture is entitled Sonno Grande (Big Sleep) by Polish artist Igor Mitoraj and should have been over seven foot tall according to the Melnichenkos. The sculpture that was delivered was under four feet in height. Melnichenko sued through the Isle of Man based art company Hamilton Art Ltd, New York art dealer David Benrimon who supplied it. He was sued for £2.6 million in damages for breach of contract and fraud. Benrimon has reached a settlement with the Melnichenkos.
The Melnichenkos also own a villa in Antibes known as Villa Altiar which was also the location for their wedding and features an extension designed by Phillipe Starck. They also own Harewood Estate in Ascot, Surrey in the United Kingdom.
- "Andrey Melnichenko - Forbes". Forbes.
- Biography Andrey Melnichenko, Forbes, March 2013
- Biography Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko, Siberian Coal Energy Company
- Euro am Sonntag, 26th April 2008
- TMK-Group http://www.tmk-group.com/invest_faq.php#_-On_which_stock
- Antonio Ligi, Stefanie Haxel, K+S Shares Rise as Russian Melnichenko Buys Stake (Update4), Bloomberg, September 14, 2007
- "Youngest billionaires lose money". BBC News. March 11, 2009.
- "EuroChem Pre-reports Selected IFRS Financial Information for Q3 2010". Eurochen archives. November 18, 2010.
- Consolidated statement of comprehensive income page 48 http://www.suek.ru
|url=missing title (help).
- Derek Blasberg, Smooth sailing: Aleksandra Melnichenko, Harper's Bazaar, November 16, 2011
- "I'm buying you J-Lo's greatest hits - and paying her Â£1m to sing them". Daily Mail (London). 20 April 2007.
- Robert Franck, Baccarat Meets Bomb-Proof Glass on the High Seas, The Wall Street Journal, July 28, 2009
- Motor Yacht, Super Yacht Times
- "M-YBBJ_NZAA_9372". Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Kay, Richard (1 November 2013). "Billionaire oligarch suing Dulux for Â£62million now takes legal action over 'too small' statue he bought for Â£423,000". Daily Mail (London).
- Biography at FLB.ru (Russian)