He was an Executive Director of the Strategic Studies Center (Moscow) think tank that has been closed since 2006. He contributes regularly to Novaya Gazeta, the Moscow Times, Russia Journal and the online journals Grani.ru and Transitions Online . He is also a regular political commentator for the BBC World Service and Radio Liberty in Moscow. He has been an outspoken critic of Putin's "managed" democracy in Russia and, as such, has described Russia as a "soft totalitarian regime."
Piontkovsky is one of the 34 first signatories of the online anti-Putin manifesto "Putin Must Go", published on 10 March 2010. In his subsequent articles he has repeatedly stressed its importance and urged citizens to sign it.
Another Look into Putin's Soul, Hudson Institute (2006), ISBN 1-55813-151-5
- His articles in The Jamestown Foundation
- His articles in Project Syndicate
- Obseqiousness toward Putin, by Andrei Piontkovsky, The Washington Times, September 30, 2005
- The Law of the Nerd, English translation from grani.ru
- His articles in grani.ru (Russian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrey Piontkovsky.|