Android epistemology is an approach to epistemology considering the space of possible machines and their capacities for knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, desires and for action in accord with their mental states. Thus, android epistemology incorporates artificial intelligence, computational cognitive psychology, computability theory and other related disciplines.
- Craig, Ian D. 1996. A Review of Android Epistemology Robotika
- Ford, K., Glymour, C. and Hayes, P. [eds.] 1995. Android Epistemology, Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Ford, K., Glymour, C. and Hayes, P. [eds.] 2006. Thinking about Android Epistemology, AAAI Press
- Glymour, Clark "Android Epistemology for Babies: Reflections on Words, Thoughts and Theories," Synthese, Vol. 122 (2000), 53-68.
- Glymour, Clark, Hayes, P., and Ford, K. "The Pre-History of Android Epistemology," in Ford, K., Glymour, C. and Hayes, P. [eds.] 1995. Android Epistemology, Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational epistemology
- Formal epistemology
- Machine learning
- Philosophy of Mind
|This article about epistemology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|