|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (November 2010)|
Andy Bachetti in 2012 at OCFS
December 13, 1975 |
|2014 NDRL Short Track Super Series|
|Current team||Steve Hough Motors/Bachetti's Auto Sales/Garrity Asphalt Reclaiming|
Andy currently drives the number 34 Steve Hough Motors/Bachetti's Auto Sales/Garrity Asphalt Reclaiming big block modified at Lebanon Valley. He also races in the 358 division at Lebanon Valley in the Steve Hough Motors/Garrity Asphalt and Reclaming number 4 car and in the number 34 Steve Hough Motors/Garrity Asphalt Reclaiming 358 small block car at Lebanon Valley Speedway.
He began his racing career at the young age of ten when he began racing Go-Karts. He moved onto the mini sprint car racing division using the number 57 Bachetti's Auto Sales car. Orange County Fair Speedway became known as Andy's home track in the 1990s where he won the 358 points championship multiple times.
He then moved to Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York which became, and has remained, his new home track. Andy set the lap record at Lebanon Valley in 2004 with a time of 19.645 seconds, a record that still holds true today.
Bachetti races a limited schedule of the Super DIRTcar Series, in which he won a major victory at the Utica-Rome competition. This includes his annual stop at Super Dirt Week at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York.
He was involved in the Octoberfest Racing Classic in 2000 at Flamboro, placing third, and won first place at the Albany-Saratoga Speedway. Then in 2001, he placed second behind Tony Stewart in the I Love New York 358 Championship. Bachetti won another second place victory in the Carquest 200 in 2002, behind Brett Hearn, a multiple Super DIRTcar Series winner. He won a first place victory in the 16th Annual Octoberfest 350 for the 100-lap small block modified division in 2003, along with the Race of Kings at the Lebanon Valley Speedway. Another victory was awarded to Bachetti in 2003 at the Accord Speedway, where he won first place in the Interstate 86 Equipment 30-lap DIRT 358 modified feature. The Coors National 200 in 2004 ended with Bachetti winning first place and $10,000, with the victory marking his first win in a 200-lap race. In 2006, Andy won the points title in both the 358 and big block divisions at Lebanon Valley. In 2008, he won the points championship at the Accord Speedway, snapping a streak of championships by Rich Ricci Jr. and Mike Ricci. Then, in 2009, he once again won the 358 and big block divisions at Lebanon Valley Speedway. He also became the first person at Lebanon Valley to win two races on the same night, four years in a row.
On 4/6/2014 Andy won the inaugural 'Hard Clay Open' 50-lap Modified race at the Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, NY.
Andy is married to Natalie Johnson Bachetti and lives in Sheffield, MA. They have 2 children; Blake, age 9 and Delaina, age 4. His occupation is full-time race car driver and enjoys hunting, fishing and snowmobiling
- "Lebanon Valley Results 06/10/06" – India Car
- Ken Mcmillan (June 27, 2008). "Van Horn made correct decision to return to OCFS". Times Herald-Record. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Bachetti piloting Albreada's No. 4". The Daily Gazette. September 12, 2003. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Bachetti Breaks Through". The Daily Gazette. May 25, 2001. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Utica-Rome 358-Modifieds preview". Motorsport. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Utica-Rome opening day winners list review". Motorsport. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- ""Octoberfest Racing Classic at Flamboro" – The Spectator". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- ""Camara hopes slump is over" – The Sunday Gazette". Google. July 13, 2001. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "They Can't Catch Stewart at the Valley". The Daily Gazette. June 29, 2001. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- ""Commander made all right moves staging big show" – The Sunday Gazette". Google. July 6, 2001. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Hearn waltzes to an easy triumph in Lebanon Valley 200" – The Sunday Hour". Google. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Stuhler caps stellar year with Octoberfest 350 win". The Herald-Mail. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Johnson takes Carquest 200". The Daily Gazette. September 8, 2003. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Bachetti earns slick triumph at Accord". Times Herald-Record. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- ""Bachetti best in Coors National 200" – North Adams Transcript". Nl.newsbank.com. September 14, 2004. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- ""Norwalk's Kurtzman outruns enduro field" – The Hour". Google. September 14, 2004. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- Ken Mcmillan (October 3, 2008). "Who will be King at Accord?". Times Herald-Record. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Gaydosh, Rocco come away with victories". The Hour. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- Andy Bachetti Bio