Barcham playing for Portsmouth in 2013
|Full name||Andrew Barcham|
|Date of birth||16 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Basildon, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2007–2008||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||25||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Gillingham (loan)||13||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:29, 22 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Tottenham Hotspur and loan to Leyton Orient
Born in Basildon, Essex, Barcham became a full-time member of the Tottenham Hotspur academy, and became a professional footballer in 2005. He made 19 appearances for the reserve team, including 15 starts and scored a goal in the win against Arsenal that gave Tottenham an initiative in the title race. That season, he was also top scorer for the under-18's side, with 10 goals in 22 starts. An extremely tenacious forward, he was used predominantly on the right for Tottenham's reserves.
In November 2006, Barcham made his first team debut for Tottenham Hotspur in the Football League Cup win against Port Vale. In November 2007 he joined Leyton Orient on loan until the end of the season, and made his debut against Millwall.
Barcham joined Gillingham of League Two on 25 September 2008, originally on loan, and made his debut in a home victory against Port Vale two days later, a game in which he was named as Man of the Match. He scored his first goal for the Gills in the 2–0 home victory over Chester City, and signed for the Kent club on a six-month deal in January 2009. He signed a two-year contract with the club that summer, but left at its conclusion in 2011.
On 28 June, Barcham signed for League One side Scunthorpe United on a two-year deal. He made his debut on 13 August, scoring the equalising goal of a 1–1 home draw against Preston North End. He finished the season as the club's topscorer, with nine goals.
Later in the month, Barcham signed for Portsmouth on a three-year contract. He made his debut in a 4–1 home defeat to Oxford United on 3 August 2013, and scored his first goal on 24 August, in a 2–2 away draw against Mansfield Town.
- As of match played 22 February 2014 .
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other1||Total|
|Apps||Goals||Apps||Goals||Apps||Goals||Apps||Goals||Apps 1||Goals 1|
|Leyton Orient (loan)||2007–08||25||1||—||—||—||25||1|
1 Including the Football League Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 32. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Tottenham 3–1 Port Vale (aet)". BBC Sport. 8 November 2006.
- Steve Claridge (15 January 2008). "Scouting report:Andy Barcham, Leyton Orient". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 May 2009.
- "Orient sign Spurs striker on loan". BBC Sport. 21 November 2007.
- "Gills sign Spurs' Andrew Barcham". Gillingham F.C. 25 September 2008.
- "Barcham signs permanent deal". Gillingham F.C. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- "Barcham seals Gillingham switch". BBC Sport. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
- Gillingham forwards Cody McDonald and Andy Barcham reject the chance to remain at Priestfield; Kent Online, 19 May 2011
- "Scunthorpe United sign Jimmy Ryan and Andy Barcham". BBC Sport. 28 June 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Scunthorpe 1–1 Preston". BBC Sport. 13 August 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Scunthorpe United: Paul Reid among seven players released". BBC Sport. 3 May 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Barcham Joins Blues". Portsmouth FC. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Mansfield 2–2 Portsmouth; BBC Sport, 24 August 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andy Barcham.|