Andrew "Andy" Blitz (born June 28, 1971) is an American comedian and writer best known for his sketch comedy and writing work on the late-night talk show Late Night with Conan O'Brien, where he earned 7 Emmy nominations. Blitz was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, New Jersey and graduated from Columbia University in 1994. He began his work on Late Night in 1999. His best known sketches on the show include Andy traveling to India to NBC's computer help center to get his computer fixed, Conan and Andy hunting for an apartment in New York and Andy's inept, chanting sports fan. Since leaving Late Night, Blitz has written and appeared in the sketch shows Human Giant and Important Things with Demetri Martin. He is currently a contributing writer and consultant producer on the Adult Swim series Eagleheart starring Chris Elliott and produced by Conan O'Brien. Blitz continues to perform stand-up comedy in New York and Los Angeles.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien characters
- Awful Ballgame Chanter, whose long-winded rambling chants are used as examples of how not to chant
- Chuck Aloo, star of the "24" parody "60", each episode of which represents one second in a minute
- Leonard Diesel, Vin Diesel's Brother
- One of the Slipnutz (also known as They Might Be Slipnutz), a comedy group of three men (Blitz, Jon Glaser, Brian Stack) who were inconveniently booked on the same show with Slipknot, (and later with They Might Be Giants). Their routine involves them slipping and sliding on nuts scattered on the floor. The Slipnutz also appeared on the program to promote their greatest-hits album, which included the songs "Old West Cowboys Slipping on Nuts" and "Viking Raiders Slipping on Nuts".
- An elections supervisor during the 2000 Florida election recount, who constantly yelled at election volunteers and told them "If you don't know who the person voted for, you put the ballot in the milk!"
- A participant on "Masturdate," a parody of dating shows.