|Birth name||Andrew Paul Cherry|
March 16, 1986 |
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
|Origin||Charlotte, North Carolina|
Andrew Paul "Andy" Cherry (born March 16, 1986, in Bloomington, Indiana) is an American contemporary Christian singer-songwriter raised in Bloomington, Indiana and Charlotte, North Carolina. In 2012 Cherry released the album entitled Nothing Left to Fear, his first full length studio album with Essential record label. To create the album, Cherry partnered with award winning producer Jason Ingram of One Sonic Society. Cherry had the No. 2 most played song on Air 1 for the week of April 28, 2012, and had the No. 4 most played song on K-LOVE for the week of April 8, 2012 with the song "Our God's Alive".
Stereo Subversion reported that Cherry was "leading worship by day and playing bars at night. Shortly after high school, Cherry got up to sing one morning and felt something just wasn’t right. 'I didn’t want to be there,' he has since said. 'I thought, I'm wasting my time.’" Lastly, "Cherry realized he was in the midst of something bigger than himself, and decided to get on board and see where it led."
Cherry was on "The Love in Between Tour" with Matt Maher and Laura Story, and now is on the "Grace Amazing Tour" with Jimmy Needham and Trip Lee. In addition, Cherry will be doing a solo 20-city tour. CCM Magazine said Cherry is a "25-year old troubadour [that] blends the best of both lyrical worlds over stomping and soft spoken guitar strums, all nestled in the crisp production of Jason Ingram". CCM Magazine notes how "Cherry invites listeners to lay their worries at the foot of the cross and simply raise their hands in praise."
Cherry song "Our God's Alive" was peaked at the No. 2 top song position on Air 1 for the week of April 28, 2012. On K-LOVE, the song was peaked at No. 4 top song position for the week of April 8, 2012.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2012||Nothing Left to Fear
|Year||Title||Peak Chart Positions||Album|
|US Billboard Hot Christian Songs|
|2012||"Our God's Alive"||19||Nothing Left to Fear|
Andy competed in Season 7 of the national reality TV show, The Voice, but failed to have a chair turn, resulting in his elimination.
- Cherry, Andy (March 17, 2012). "Andy Cherry twitter". Twitter. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- PublicRecords (April 2, 2012). "Andrew P Cherry in North Carolina". PublicRecords. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- officialandycherry (March 26, 2012). "HI, I'm Andy Cherry". YouTube. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Air 1 (April 28, 2012). "Air 1 Top Songs: April 28, 2012". Air 1. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- K-LOVE (April 8, 2012). "Top Songs: April 8, 2012". K-LOVE. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- Bush, Russell (March 7, 2012). "Despite lingering uncertainty, Andy Cherry has Nothing Left to Fear". Stereo Subversion. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
- Van Pelt, Doug, Andy Cherry releasing debut album, HM, retrieved April 25, 2012
- Argyrakis, Andy (March 1, 2012). "Andy Cherry". CCM Magazine. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
- Cherry, Andy (March 24, 2012). "Nothing Left to Fear - Andy Cherry". Billboard. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Cherry, Andy (April 2, 2012). "Our God's Alive - Andy Cherry". Billboard. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Cherry, Andrew; Conley, Michelle (October 2010). "Andrew Cherry and Michelle Conley wedding". Wedding Channel. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Conley, Michelle. "Just in case you were wondering who I am". Get the Fork Outta Here. Retrieved April 2, 2012.