Andy Fickman is an American film director, television director and theatre director. His credits as a theater director include the premiere of the Reefer Madness! musical and the first Los Angeles production of the play Jewtopia.
He made his screen directing debut in 2001 with the teen sex comedy Who's Your Daddy?. The film was released directly to DVD in 2005.
Fickman, who originates from Midland, Texas, went to Lee High School (Houston, Texas). Fickman is a graduate of Texas Tech University and a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity. He was raised in Conservative Judaism. In 2013, he was honored with the Alumni of the Year award by United Synagogue Youth.
- Who's Your Daddy? (2001) (also screenwriter)
- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2004) (also executive producer)
- She's the Man (2006)
- The Game Plan (2007)
- Race to Witch Mountain (2009)
- You Again (2010) (also producer)
- Parental Guidance (2012)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015) Filming
- Lysistrata Jones (announced)
- The Undomestic Goddess (announced)
Fickman has also directed one episode each of the television series Aliens in America (2007) and Hellcats (2011). He has also directed numerous episodes of Liv and Maddie (2013–present), also serving as an executive producer.
- "Foley, Kathleen. "Stop Laughing--This is Serious." Los Angeles Times 20 July 2000.". Archived from the original on 27 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-21.
- "Jewtopia Florida Production". JEWTOPIA. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- Temple, Georgia. And he was the president of AFUSY"She's the man." Midland Reporter-Telegram. March 17, 2006. Retrieved on February 5, 2011. "Fickman is a former Midlander having graduated from Lee High School"
- "Andy Fickman". Texas Tech University. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- La Ventana. La Ventana. 1987. p. 353. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- Mann, Iris (2012-11-21). "Holiday films that provoke, (and Some Just for Fun) | Hollywood". Jewish Journal. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Andy Fickman Going All the Way With ‘Lysistrata Jones’". Variety. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- 3 Like0 Dislike0 Feb 23, 2010 by Courtney O. (2010-02-23). "Andy Fickman to Direct The Undomestic Goddess". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.