February 19, 1949 |
New York City, New York
|Occupation||Producer, writer, CEO|
Evelyn Heyward (1st Wife)Amy Moynihan (2nd Wife)
Heyward was born in New York City, New York, the son of Sylvia (née Block) and Louis M. "Deke" Heyward, who was vice president in charge of development at Barry & Enright Productions. In 1986, Heyward took the lead of DIC Entertainment after performing a buyout of majority shares owned by Radio-Television Luxembourg. He subsequently bought the remaining shares owned by Jean Chalopin, founder of the French company DIC Audiovisuel .
Prior to DIC, he first began his career as a writer and story editor for Hanna-Barbera in the early 1970s.
In 1983, he co-created Inspector Gadget and during the following years has been working on many animated and live-action TV shows, specials and films. He also wrote the lyrics for the opening and ending theme to Sailor Moon.
He has worked as a voice director for Rainbow Brite and DIC's first special Poochie, a creative consultant for the CINAR Animation special Madeline's Christmas and helped developed James Bond Jr. with his partner Robby London. He also made a guest appearance on The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! as Howard Stevens, a man who appraises paintings. He also was executive producer of Zoobilee Zoo.
For many years, Heyward was the Chairman and CEO of DIC with Robby London and Michael Maliani.
On June 20, 2008, it was announced that DIC would be acquired by Cookie Jar Group. On July 23, 2008, Cookie Jar completed the acquisition of DIC Entertainment, and DIC was then completely folded into Cookie Jar Entertainment.
Heyward now runs a new animation company called A Squared Entertainment, which he co-founded with his wife Amy Moynihan.
- DiC EntertainmentExecutive Listing.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Ex-Governator Partners For TV Toon Series –". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "Andy Heyward Biography (1949-)". Filmreference.com. 1949-02-19. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- DIC Entertainment
- "COOKIE JAR AND DIC ENTERTAINMENT TO MERGE, CREATING INDEPENDENT GLOBAL CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION POWERHOUSE". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-06-20. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- "COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT EXPANDS BRAND PORTFOLIO, TALENT AND GLOBAL REACH WITH CLOSING OF DIC TRANSACTION". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2009-02-15.