Andy Ihnatko at Macworld 2008
|Website||Celestial Waste of Bandwidth blog|
Andy Ihnatko // is a technology journalist for the Chicago Sun-Times, and tech author. He currently resides in Massachusetts. He appears on Leo Laporte's podcasts, specifically MacBreak Weekly and TWiT. He's also a regular on the MacNotables podcast, hosted by Chuck Joiner where he often is paired with fellow technology journalist Adam Engst.
Ihnatko has also appeared on the CBS Saturday Early Show on July 13, 2007, where he discussed applications for cell phones to imitate if not exceed the capabilities of the Apple iPhone. He appeared again on August 25, 2007, to report his conclusions after testing several urban legends about recovering mobile phones that had been submerged in water.
Andy, for a brief time in July 2007, was believed to be the author of the satirical "The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs" weblog, until his formal denial on July 24 in an article for Macworld. He has also formally neither confirmed nor denied involvement in the Steve Jobs autobiography, which was rumoured on Valleywag.
Ihnatko's writing style is seasoned with references to US popular culture, P. G. Wodehouse, comic books, cartoons, and science fiction.
In the early days of the World Wide Web, Andy described a game called "Web That Smut" (possibly as criticism of the recently passed Communications Decency Act). "Web That Smut" was loosely based on the television game show "Name That Tune".
Also in the early days of the World Wide Web, it is believed that Ihnatko coined the term "Macquarium" to describe an aquarium made out of the empty shell of an early Macintosh computer. He wrote and distributed online the first comprehensive set of instructions to construct one.
- Andy Ihnatko (2008-03-30). "Andy Ihnatko's Celestial Waste of Bandwidth - The Business". Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- "Chicago Sun-Times :: Andy Ihnatko ::". Chicago Sun-Times. August 26, 2010.
- "No iPhone? No iProblem!". CBS News. July 13, 2007.
- Macworld | The truth about Fake Steve Jobs
- MacBreak Weekly #128
- Valleywag: When is the Steve Jobs Autobiography coming out?
- Official site
- Dan Benjamin's The Pipeline: Andy Ihnatko Interview
- Andy Ihnatko interviewed on the TV show Triangulation on the TWiT.tv network