January 30, 1992 |
Ithaca, NY, USA
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
In his first season at Cornell (2010-2011) Iles split playing time with Mike Garman and compiled an 8-7-2 record with a 2.49 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage. In the 2011-2012 season Iles started all 35 games for Cornell compiling a record of 18-8-7 with a 2.12 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage.
Iles came to Cornell University after spending the 2009–10 season with the USA Hockey National Team Development Program. He was a member of the team that won the IIHF World U18 Championship in 2010. Before that he played two seasons at Salisbury School, winning the New England Prep School title in 2009. As a freshman in 2006-07, he led Ithaca High School to its fifth state championship while compiling a .960 save percentage, a 0.93 goals-against average and recording nine shutouts.
Iles began his professional career with the Florida Everblades, who signed him on March 25, 2014. Iles won four of his five starts in net for the Everblades that season.
On October 3, 2014, having attended the Bridgeport Sound Tigers training camp, Iles was signed to a one-year ECHL contract with affiliate, the Alaska Aces.The Aces later waived Iles on December 7, 2014, and he was claimed to return to the Florida Everblades. After 23 games with the Everblades, Iles was released at the back end of the 2014–15 season, and signed into the playoffs with the Tulsa Oilers on April 10, 2015.
Awards and honors
|IIHF World U18 Championship Gold Medal with Team USA||2010|||
|IIHF World U20 Championship Bronze Medal with Team USA||2011|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Rookie Team||2010–11|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2011–12|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2011–12|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2013–14|||
- "Andy Iles, 2011-12 Men's Ice Hockey". Cornell Big Red. 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Blades bolster goaltending unit with addition of Andy Iles". Florida Everblades. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "2014-15 camp roster announced". Alaska Aces. 2014-10-04. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- "Everblades add Andy Iles to strong goaltender group". naplesnews.com. 2014-12-07. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- "Rookie puck stopper signs with Oilers". Tulsa Oilers. 2015-04-10. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- USA boasts eight returnees from last year's WJHC team
- Cornell hockey players Iles, Ferlin earn monthly ECACH awards - The Ithaca Journal
- Hockey Awards & Achievements - NCAA (ECAC) All-Rookie Team
- League Announces Regular-Season Awards - ECAC Hockey
- Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy - 2012 - Ivy League
- Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy - 2013-14 - Ivy League
- Andy Iles's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Andy Iles's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Student-Athlete of the Year
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|