Kubert at the 2011 New York Comic Con.
|Notable works||Marvel 1602
Batman & Son
Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
Andrew "Andy" Kubert is an American comic book artist, son of Joe Kubert, and brother of Adam Kubert, both of whom are also artists. He is a graduate of and an instructor of second-year classes at The Kubert School, founded by his father (who also taught there).
Andrew Kubert is the son of Muriel (née Fogelson) and Joe Kubert. His siblings include a sister, Lisa, and brothers David, Daniel, and Adam. He and his siblings were raised in Dover, New Jersey. He graduated from the Joe Kubert School, which was founded by his father in Dover.
While Kubert started at DC Comics, drawing Adam Strange and the Batman vs. Predator crossover, he is best known for his work at Marvel Comics, specifically the company's X-Men titles. An occasional cover artist on Uncanny X-Men (drawing the first cover appearance of the character Gambit) and X-Men Classic, Kubert later served as a fill-in penciller for Uncanny X-Men #279-280 and #288 before becoming the regular penciller on X-Men vol. 2 (starting with #14), following Jim Lee's departure from Marvel to form Image Comics.
Both Kubert and his brother, Andy, signed exclusive contracts to work for DC Comics in 2005. According to DC editor Mike Marts, Andy is working on a top secret project involving Batman, after leaving the monthly title's illustrating duties to current artist Tony Daniel.[dead link]
Kubert illustrated the covers to Batman: Cacophony, a 3-issue miniseries published in November 2008.[dead link] Kubert will also be illustrating the two-issue Batman story by Neil Gaiman entitled, "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" This will reunite Gaiman and Kubert, who previously worked together on the series Marvel 1602.
While his brother Adam has returned to Marvel Comics following his three-year deal with DC, Dan DiDio has confirmed that following "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?", Kubert has two more Batman projects in the works, one of which he is writing himself. He contributed covers to the Blackest Night: Batman mini-series, as well as variant covers for "Blackest Night" issues of Green Lantern.
Dan DiDio confirmed Andy was working on two DC stories, one featuring Batman, the other featuring the DCU. Kubert's father Joe inked over his pencils. The first two issues of DC Universe Legacies, a 10 issue series chronicling the history of the DC Universe, the first of which came out in May 2010, the second to come in June. Alongside this, Andy contributed to Batman #700, teaming again with Grant Morrison to tell another tale of Damian Wayne as Batman in the future as part of the over-sized anniversary issue.
Kubert, along with his brother Adam, teaches at his family business and alma mater, the Joe Kubert School.
- Adam Strange
- Batman vs. Predator
- Ghost Rider
- The Incredible Hulk
- Captain America
- Ultimate X-Men
- Origin: The True Story of Wolverine
- Marvel 1602
- Ultimate Iron Man
- Batman & Son
- Batman: Time and the Batman
- "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?"
- Action Comics
- Damian: Son of Batman
- "Kubert, Joe 1926-". HighBeam Research. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Jennings, Dana (December 14, 2003). "Paper, Pencil And a Dream". The New York Times.
- "Faculty: Andy Kubert". The Kubert School. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "ARTISTS ADAM AND ANDY KUBERT SIGN 3-YEAR EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENTS WITH DC COMICS". ComicBookBin. 6 June 2005.
- . Newsarama.[dead link]
- "'Batman: Cacophony' - November 12th!". Newsaskew.com. Retrieved 2012-06-08.[dead link]
- "SDCC 08: Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert on Batman". Geeks of Doom. July 27, 2008
- "Dan DiDio: 20 Answers, 1 Question - 02.25.09". Newsarama.com. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Peter J. Tomasi (2009-08-12). "BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #1". DC Comics. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Peter J. Tomasi (2009-09-09). "BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #2". DC Comics. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Peter J. Tomasi (2009-10-14). "BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #3". DC Comics. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Geoff Johns (September 30, 2009). "BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN". DC Comics.
- Rogers, Vaneta (November 9, 2009). "10 Answers and 1 Question w/ DC's DAN DIDIO". Newsarama.
- Len Wein (2010-05-19). "DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #1". DC Comics. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- Len Wein (June 16, 2010). "DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #2". DC Comics.
- Grant Morrison (June 9, 2010). "BATMAN #700". DC Comics.
- Simpson, Benjamin (April 14, 2010). "Flashpoint Coming in 2011 From Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert". iFanboy.
- Johnston, Rich (April 20, 2010). "Why Flashpoint Won’t Be Late | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors". Bleeding Cool.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andy Kubert.|