Andy Lynch (rugby league)
20 October 1979 |
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (16 st 5 lb) |
|As of 25 May 2014|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Lynch started his career at Castleford Tigers in 1999. In 2003 he was placed in the Super League's 'Dream Team'. In the same year Lynch was also awarded the Tigers Player of the Year award. During his time at Castleford Lynch was also awarded England honours, and played as a substitute, i.e. number 17 in Yorkshire's 56-6 victory over Lancashire at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on 2 July 2003.
Lynch signed for Bradford Bulls in 2004, following Castleford's relegation from the Super League. As 2005 Super League champions Bradford faced National Rugby League premiers Wests Tigers in the 2006 World Club Challenge. Lynch played as a prop forward in the Bulls' 30-10 victory. In 2006 he won several club awards for his performances, including Supporters' Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, BISA Player of the Year and Best Forward of the Year.
Return to Castleford
Andy returned to Castleford in 2014. (For 2014 Super League season highlights, stats and results click on 2014 Super League season results)
Lynch won a place in the England 'A' squad for their match against New Zealand and for the South Seas tour at the end of the 2002 season, and the following year was part of the squad that won the European Nations title.
In June 2007 Lynch was again called up to the Great Britain squad for the Test match against France  he was called up for the Great Britain Train on Squad for the 2007 test series with New Zealand.
Lynch also played for Northern Union side against All Golds in October 2007.
- "The official Engage Super League web site". web page. Super League. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Statistics at thecastlefordtigers.co.uk". thecastlefordtigers.co.uk ℅ web.archive.org. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Hull FC sign Andy Lynch from Bradford Bulls". BBC. 2011-09-22. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Eight new faces in Lions squad". BBC. 2007-06-12. Archived from the original on 26 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "Deacon pulls out of England squad". BBC. 2008-09-16. Archived from the original on 23 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Bradford Bulls profile
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org