|Born||Andrew Richard Ogle
February 16, 1989
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
|Other names||The Little Axe|
|Residence||Tynemouth, North Tyneside|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||66.0 in (168 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Sunderland, England|
|Team||Section 18 MMA|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Andrew Richard Ogle (born February 16, 1989) is an English mixed martial artist currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship in their featherweight division. A professional MMA competitor since 2009, Ogle has made a name for himself fighting for numerous promotions all over England. He was a competitor on FX's The Ultimate Fighter: Live.
Ogle was born in Newcastle upon Tyne to Jan and Gordon Ogle. He was raised in Tynemouth, North Tyneside, and attended Marden Secondary School where he played football and also trained mixed martial arts. At sixteen years old, Ogle worked as an instructor for his gym, teaching the younger children MMA.
In 2008 Ogle began his semi-professional (amateur) career, posting five straight wins before taking a TKO loss in his final semi-pro fight. After boasting a 5-1 semi-pro record, Ogle turned professional in late 2009. His pro debut came on October 18, 2009 against Graham Armstrong, another fighter making his pro debut. Ogle dominated the fight for three rounds, and was awarded the unanimous decision victory. Only a month later, in his second fight, Ogle lost to Bobby McVittie via submission after getting caught in a triangle choke in the first round. Ogle bounced back from the loss with three straight submission wins, all coming via rear-naked choke, and two of the submission wins coming in the first round.
Ogle dominated three more opponents, earning a record of 7-1 before being offered a fight with Shay Walsh, an undefeated fighter at the time considered the top featherweight prospect in the UK. Ogle upset Walsh, winning the fight via unanimous decision.
The Ultimate Fighter
In February 2012, it was revealed that Ogle was selected to be a participant on The Ultimate Fighter: Live. Ogle defeated Brendan Weafer via unanimous decision to move into the Ultimate Fighter house, and become an official cast member.
Ogle was selected seventh (fourteenth overall) by Urijah Faber to become a part of Team Faber. In the last quarter-final fight of the season, Ogle was selected to fight one of Team Cruz's best fighters in Mike Rio. Ogle earned the upset victory after submitting Rio with a rear-naked choke in the second round.
In the semi-final round Ogle was chosen to fight Team Faber teammate, Al Iaquinta. Ogle lost the fight via TKO in the closing moments of the first round, eliminating him from the competition.
Ultimate Fighting Championships
Despite not winning the show, UFC President Dana White decided to sign all sixteen cast members to exclusive UFC contracts. Ogle was linked to a bout at the The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale on June 1, 2012. However, due to being medically suspended after his KO loss to Al Iaquinta in quarter-finals of the show, Ogle was not able to compete on the card.
Ogle lost in his UFC debut to Akira Corassani via split decision on September 29, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV 5. There was a lot of displeasure with the decision as many spectators and MMA website columnists believed Ogle had won the fight.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|13 matches||9 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||9–4||Charles Oliveira||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi||February 15, 2014||3||2:40||Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil|
|Loss||9–3||Cole Miller||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Munoz||October 26, 2013||3||5:00||Manchester, England|
|Win||9–2||Josh Grispi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs. McDonald||February 16, 2013||3||5:00||London, England|
|Loss||8–2||Akira Corassani||Decision (split)||UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic||September 29, 2012||3||5:00||Nottingham, England||Featherweight debut|
|Win||8–1||Shay Walsh||Decision (unanimous)||Olympian MMA 12||November 12, 2011||3||5:00||Liverpool, England|
|Win||7–1||Antanas Jazbutis||TKO (punches)||Supremacy Fight Challenge 3||August 27, 2011||3||3:08||Gateshead, England|
|Win||6–1||Stewart Gillham||TKO (punches)||Supremacy Fight Challenge 2||May 29, 2011||2||2:29||Gateshead, England|
|Win||5–1||Jay Furness||Decision (unanimous)||Supremacy Fight Challenge 1||February 27, 2011||3||5:00||Gateshead, England|
|Win||4–1||Phil Flynn||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Knuckle Up MMA 8||September 4, 2010||2||1:54||Bolton, England|
|Win||3–1||Matt Eynon||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strike and Submit 15||August 15, 2010||1||N/A||Gateshead, England|
|Win||2–1||Nigel Wright||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Strike and Submit 14||May 30, 2010||1||1:31||Gateshead, England|
|Loss||1–1||Bobby McVittie||Submission (triangle choke)||Absolute Combat 2||November 28, 2009||1||1:33||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Win||1–0||Graham Armstrong||Decision (unanimous)||Cage Kombat 11||October 18, 2009||3||5:00||Edinburgh, Scotland|
- "Tynemouth cage fighter Andy Ogle stars in The Ultimate Figher". SundaySun.co.uk. March 11, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Andy Ogle - Fighter Profile at MMAUniverse". MMAUniverse.com. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Andy Ogle: The Next Ultimate Fighter?". BritMMA.co.uk. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". MMAJunkie.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Mixed martial arts results, Season 15 - The Ultimate Fighter". State of Nevada, Department of Business and Industry Athletic Commission. March 9, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Dana White reveals matchups for TUF 15 finale". BostonHerald.com. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "UFC heading to Nottingham Sept. 29 with Ogle-Corassani". mmajunkie. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- John Petit (2012-12-04). "Josh Grispi and Andy Ogle Fighting in London". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Conor McGregor vs. Andy Ogle added to UFC on FS1 in Boston". themmareport.com. May 31, 2013.
- Dave Doyle (2013-07-10). "Max Holloway steps up against Conor McGregor after injury forces Andy Ogle out". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Ogle Draws Miller At UFC Fight Night 30". YourMMA.tv. 9 September 2013.
- Staff (2013-11-27). "Andy Ogle meets Charles Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 36 in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.