Angel City Derby Girls
|Metro area||Los Angeles, CA|
|Teams||Hollywood Scarlets (Charter team)
Rocket Queens (local travel team)
Road Ragers (local travel team)
|Venue||Culver City Veterans Auditorium|
The Angel City Derby Girls (ACDG) is a flat-track roller derby league based in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2006, the league currently consists of 3 teams, the Hollywood Scarlets (Charter team), the Rocket Queens and Road Ragers (local travel teams), which compete against teams from other leagues. Members training to be placed on any of the three teams participate in the league as Rising Stars and Fresh Meat.
Angel City was the second roller derby league in Los Angeles, after the Los Angeles Derby Dolls, and the first to play on a flat track. It played its first season in 2007, based in a warehouse which it named "Heaven's Gate". It initially had 3 home teams, the Berzerkers, Shore Shots and Block Steady Crew.
ACDG was one of the first leagues in Southern California to become a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA). It qualified as the tenth seed for the WFTDA West Region Playoffs in 2009, taking eighth place; it next qualified in 2011, as tenth seed, when it took ninth place. In 2012, they qualified for the West Region Playoffs as the #8 seed and ended the tournament in the same position.
- Zach Behrens, "Angel City Derby Girls Open Their Season", Laist, 20 May 2007
- "January 2011 Featured League: Angel City Derby Girls", WFTDA, 4 January 2011
- "Derby on the Rocks 2009 Western Regionals", WFTDA
- "Bridgetown Brawl WFTDA 2011 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "Bay of Reckoning", WFTDA
- "D1 Playoffs: Richmond", WFTDA