Angela Elwell Hunt
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2013)|
Angela Elwell Hunt (born December 20, 1957) is a prolific Christian author, and her books include The Tale of Three Trees, The Debt, The Note, and The Nativity Story, among others.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Bibliography
- 2.1 Picture Books
- 2.2 Middle Grade Titles
- 2.3 Adult Nonfiction
- 2.4 Adult Fiction
- 2.5 Collaborations--nonfiction
- 3 Sources
- 4 External links
Angela Elwell Hunt was born in Winter Haven and grew up in Brevard County, Florida, graduating from Rockledge High School in 1975. She was also one of Brevard County's debutantes in that year.  In 1976-77 she traveled with Derric Johnson's "The Re'Generation," a ten-member vocal group. Hunt studied English and music at Liberty University and graduated magna cum laude in 1980. She spent one year teaching high school. In 1983, she began her writing career. In those early years as a freelance writer she wrote everything from business letters to catalog copy. In the late 1980s, she received her first recognition as a writer, winning first place in a national competition with a manuscript and sketches that she and a friend submitted. Her first book was published in 1988.
Hunt has published over one hundred books since then, most of which have a Christian theme. Hunt considers her some of her books to be parables." Her books have touched on such diverse topics as cloning, immortality, prion diseases, breast cancer, mental illness, angels, family issues, spouse abuse, stuttering, adoption, divorce, dating, and man's relationship to animals. Nearly four million copies of her books have been sold worldwide.
Her novel The Note was made into a Hallmark Channel movie with the same name which premiered in December 2007, and two other novels have been optioned for film (Uncharted and The Elevator). Hunt was awarded an Angel Award from Excellence in Media eight times, as well as a 2000 Christy Award (for By Dawn's Early Light). She won the 2006 Romantic Times BookClub Lifetime Achievement Award, and three of her novels have been finalists for a Romance Writers of America RITA Award. She has also been awarded the 2000 Holt Medallion for Inspirational Fiction for The Truth Teller. Her novel "The Face" was listed in Publisher's Weekly "Best Books of the Year" (PW, 11/03/08).
Hunt often speaks and teaches at major writer's conferences, including the Mt. Hermon Christian Writer's Conference, the Florida Christian Writer's Conference, the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writer's Conference, the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference, and the Oregon Christian Writer's Conference. She participates as a founding instructor in the Glen Eyrie Writer's Summit, and has served as keynote speaker at the American Christian Fiction Writers conference, the Christian Writer's Guild Conference, the InScribe Christian Writers' Fellowship conference, the Liberty University Writers' Conference, and the Oregon Christian Writers Conference.
In 2013, Hunt established Angela Hunt Photography and began to develop a second career, indulging her passion for learning and for photography. She specializes in portraits and says she owes this career to her work as a volunteer photographer for shelter animals.
Hunt is married to a Baptist minister, Gary Hunt. They have two children, a daughter, Taryn, and a son, Tyler. She and her family live near St. Petersburg, Florida with mastiffs—in 2001, one of her dogs was featured on Live With Regis and Kelly as the second largest dog in America. Hunt is passionate about her hobby of photographing shelter animals and has written short e-books for others who would like to contribute in the same way, Snapping Shelter Dogs and Snapping Shelter Cats.
- Nat the Brat, HuntHaven Press, December 2013
- Bathtime for Brandon, HuntHaven Press, July 2013
- Pretzels by the Dozen, HuntHaven Press, June 2013
- Peter McPossum's Wiggles and Giggles, HuntHaven Press, June 2013
- Too Many Tutus, HuntHaven Press, June 2013
- The Sleeping Rose, Tommy Nelson, September 1998
- Howie Hugemouth, Standard Publishing, June 1993.
- Pretzels by the Dozen, Zondervan Publishing, 2002, 2013
- The True Princess, D.C. Cook, 1992; Charisma Kids 2004
- The Singing Shepherd, Lion Publishing, 1992
- Calico Bear, Tyndale House, 1991, 2013
- A Gift For Grandpa, D.C. Cook, September 1991
- The Tale of Three Trees, Lion Publishing, 1989
- If I Had Long, Long Hair, Abingdon Press, 1988, 2013
Middle Grade Titles
The Young Believers series
with Stephen Arterburn, Tyndale House Publishers, May 2004
- Josiah, book one
- Liane, book two
- Noah, book three
- Paige, book four
- Shane, book five
- Taz, book six
The Colonial Captives
juvenile historical fiction, Tyndale House
- Books 1 and 2: Kimberly and the Captives, 1996
- Books 3 and 4: The Deadly Chase, 1996
The Cassie Perkins Series, Tyndale House
- A Forever Friend, 1991
- A Basket of Roses, 1991
- No More Broken Promises, 1991
- A Dream to Cherish, 1992
- The Much-Adored Sandy Shore, 1992
- Love Burning Bright, 1992
- Star Light, Star Bright, 1993
- The Chance of a Lifetime, 1993
- The Glory of Love, 1993
- Got God?, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Christian Friendship Bracelets Activity Pack, text, Tyndale House, 1996.
- When Your Parents Pull Apart, Tyndale House, 1995
- Where Dragons Dance, Wendy Pye Ltd., 1995,
- Beauty from the Inside Out, Becoming the Best You Can Be, Co-authored With Laura Krauss Calenberg, Thomas Nelson, July 1993
- If God Is Real, Where On Earth Is He? Here's Life, 1991
The Nicki Holland Series
Thomas Nelson. Reprint editions issued 2005
- The Case of the Mystery Mark, 1991
- The Case of the Teenage Terminator, 1991
- The Case of the Phantom Friend, 1991
- The Case of the Terrified Track Star, 1992
- The Case of the Counterfeit Cash, 1992
- The Case of the Haunting Of Lowell Lanes, 1992
- The Case of the Birthday Bracelet, 1993
- The Secret of Cravenhill Castle, 1993
- The Riddle of Baby Rosalind, 1993
- Now That You've Asked Her Out, Here's Life/Thomas Nelson, 1989
- Now That He's Asked You Out, Here's Life/Thomas Nelson, 1989
- Tension on the Line, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2014.
- The Plot Skeleton: Book 1, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Creating Extraordinary Characters, book 2, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Track Down the Weasel Words, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Point of View, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Evoking Emotions, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Plans and Processes To Get Your Book Written, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- A Christian Writer's Possibly Useful Ruminations on a Life in Pages, Writing Lessons from the Front series, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Got God? Book One, HuntHaven Press, 2013.
- Snapping Shelter Dogs: Using Your Camera to Help Shelter Animals Find New Homes, Angela Hunt Communications, 2012.
- Snapping Shelter Cats: Using Your Camera to Help Shelter Animals Find New Homes, Angela Hunt Communications, 2012.
- My Life as a Middle School Mom, Servant Books, 2000.
- Loving Someone Else's Child, Tyndale House, 1992
- The Adoption Option, Victor Books, 1989
- Too Old To Ride, Too Young To Drive, Here's Life/Thomas Nelson, 1988
- Just a Country Preacher, biography of B.R. Lakin, The Old Time Gospel Hour, 1986
- The Island of Heavenly Daze, W Publishing, December 2000
- Grace in Autumn, W Publishing, 2001
- Warmth in Winter, W Publishing, 2002
- A Perfect Love, W Publishing, 2002
- Hearts at Home, W Publishing, 2003
Single Title Novels
- Passing Strangers, HuntHaven Press, May 2014
- The Offering, Howard, 2013
- Five Miles South of Peculiar, Howard, 2012
- The Fine Art of Insincerity, Howard, 2011
- Let Darkness Come, Mira, 2009
- Taking a Chance on Love, Tyndale House, 2009, a novelization of the Hallmark movie written by Douglas Barr
- She's In a Better Place, Tyndale House, 2008
- The Face, Mira/Harlequin, 2008
- She Always Wore Red, Tyndale House, 2008
- Doesn’t She Look Natural?, Tyndale House, 2007
- The Nativity Story, a novelization based on the screenplay by Mike Rich, Tyndale House, 2006
- The Elevator, Steeple Hill/Harlequin, June 2007
- Uncharted, Thomas Nelson, June 2006
- Magdalene, Tyndale House, April 2005
- A Time to Mend, Steeple Hill, April 2006 (formerly Gentle Touch)
- The Novelist, Thomas Nelson, January 2006
- Unspoken, Thomas Nelson, April 2005
- The Awakening, Thomas Nelson, July 2004
- The Debt, Thomas Nelson, January 2004
- The Canopy, Thomas Nelson, July 2003
- The Shadow Women, Warner, November 2002
- The Pearl, Thomas Nelson, Spring 2003
- The Justice, Thomas Nelson, January 2002
- Then Comes Marriage, with Bill Myers, Zondervan Publishing, 2001.
- The Note, Thomas Nelson, May 2001
- The Story Jar, “The Yellow Sock,” a novella in an anthology written with Robin Lee Hatcher and Deborah Bedford, Multnomah, 2001.
- The Immortal, Thomas Nelson, June 2000
- The Truth Teller, Bethany House, May 1999. Reprinted by Thomas Nelson, 2006
- Flee the Darkness, with Grant Jeffrey, Thomas Nelson, September 1998
- By Dawn’s Early Light, with Grant Jeffrey, Thomas Nelson, July 1999
- The Spear of Tyranny, with Grant Jeffrey, Thomas Nelson, 2000.
- Gentle Touch, Bethany House, February 1997
- The Proposal, Tyndale House, October 1996
The Heirs of Cahira O’Connor Series, Waterbrook
- The Silver Sword, January 1998
- The Golden Cross, October 1998
- The Velvet Shadow, January 1999
- The Emerald Isle, September 1999
The Keepers of the Ring Series
Historical Fiction, Tyndale House
- Roanoke: The Lost Colony, 1996
- Jamestown, 1996
- Hartford, 1996
- Rehoboth, 1997
- Charles Towne, 1998
Legacies of the Ancient River series
- Dreamers, January 1996, Bethany House. Re-released 2008 from Steeple Hill
- Brothers, March, 1997, Bethany House. Re-released 2009 from Steeple Hill.
- Journey, 1997, Bethany House. Re-released 2009 from Steeple Hill.
The Theyn Chronicles, Tyndale House
- Afton of Margate Castle, 1993
- The Troubadour's Quest, 1994
- Ingram of the Irish, 1994
- Misconception, Paul and Shannon Morell and Angela Hunt, Howard, May 2010.
- Why I Stayed, Gayle Haggard and Angela Hunt, Tyndale House, January 2010.
- IdolEyes, Mandisa Hundley and Angela Hunt, Tyndale House, 2007
- Don't Bet Against Me, Deanna Favre and Angela Hunt, Tyndale House, 2007
- Heavenly Crowns, with Heather Whitestone McCallum, Zondervan, 2004.
- Let God Surprise You, with Heather Whitestone McCallum, Zondervan, 2003.
- Flashpoints, with Steve Arterburn, Tyndale House, 2002
- Listening With My Heart, with Heather Whitestone, Miss America 1995, Doubleday, June 1997.
- The Rise of Babylon, with Charles Dyer, Tyndale, 1991
- Moore, Waveney Ann (August 21, 2005). "Prolific writer's goals are lofty, and so are her themes.". St. Petersburg Times. Archived from the original on 22 December 2006. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "Angela Elwell Hunt Answers The Faithful Fifteen". Faithful Reader. June 2004. Archived from the original on 10 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- "2007 Oregon Christian Writers' Summer Coaching Conference Featuring Keynote Speaker Angela Elwell Hunt". Oregon Christian Writers. Archived from the original on February 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- "Angela Elwell Hunt". Warner Books. Archived from the original on 14 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-06.