July 29, 1987 |
Avon Lake, Ohio
|Residence||Avon Lake, Ohio|
Funovits was born and raised in Avon Lake, Ohio. She became interested in magic at the age of 10 after watching Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed, a TV program on the Fox network that revealed the secrets of magicians. Funovits began modeling at age 11 and won the Miss Teen Cleveland pageant at age 16. She graduated from Avon Lake High School in 2005 and entered the combined B.S./M.D. program at the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine (NEOUCOM), later forming a program where magicians teach magic tricks to children at a cancer support center in Cleveland. Funovits graduated from Northeast Ohio Medical University in the spring of 2013 and matched into the Dermatology Residency Program at Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
In October and November 2007, Funovits was the only female of ten mentalist contestants on the primetime NBC series Phenomenon, which was hosted by Tim Vincent and judged by Criss Angel and Uri Geller. She finished as first runner-up on the series, after performing dangerous demonstrations of mentalism involving chain saws, knives, and fire. Funovits represented the USA in the live German TV special “Die besten Mentalisten der Welt” on ProSieben. The special was an addition to the German series “The Next Uri Geller - Unglaubliche Phänomene live”. It featured Funovits (USA), Vincent Raven (Germany), Aaron Crow (Netherlands), and Lior Suchard (Israel). Funovits has also starred in W-1, a Japanese TV special on the Fuji Television Network alongside Japanese magician Mr. Maric.
Funovits has been a guest on Germany’s Johannes B. Kerner Show, and on the late-night syndicated radio talk show Coast to Coast AM, which often discusses topics of the paranormal. In 2010 she was a presenter at Moses Znaimer's ideaCity in Toronto, Ontario. In addition to performing on France's TF1 television network, she has been a performer at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, the Grand Sierra Resort & Casino in Reno, Nevada, and the United States Military Academy at West Point. In her second year of medical school, Funovits produced two fundraiser shows benefiting the American Cancer Society and the Player's Guild Theatre in Canton, Ohio.
- "The iTricks Valentine: Angela Funovits". iTricks. 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "NBC reveals the identities of 'Phenomenon' contestants and host". Reality TV World. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Miss Controversy". The Burr. Spring 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Angela Funovits Achievements". Merit Pages. Spring 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Identities of the 10 Carefully Selected Mystifying Contestants Revealed". NBC Universal Media Village. 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2008-02-10.[dead link]
- "Die besten Mentalisten der Welt (2008)". IMDB. 2008-03-04. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- "W-1". Fuji Television Network, Inc. 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Johannes B. Kerner Show, Die: Episode dated 11 March 2008 (2008)". IMDB. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- "NEOUCOM student to demonstrate mystical talents at fundraiser". NEOUCOM News Releases. Fall 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-16.