|Genres||Alternative, pop rock, singer-songwriter, scottish|
|Associated acts||Wild Colonials, Télépopmusik, Curio, Glasvegas, Morgan Page, BT, Robbie Robertson|
Angela McCluskey is a Scottish singer-songwriter based in California. She performs as a solo artist and as a member of the folk rock group, Wild Colonials. McCluskey has also provided vocals for Curio and recorded the European dance hit and US Mitsubishi commercial hit "Breathe" among other songs with Télépopmusik (on albums Genetic World and Angel Milk). Angela also sang "Beautiful Things" for American Express and more recently her voice can be heard on the Shick Quatro commercial singing "I’m Not the Girl". Her songs have appeared on the soundtracks for the films Rachel Getting Married, Sherrybaby, The Beat That My Heart Skipped. Her music has also been featured in the TV series Grey's Anatomy.
Angela McCluskey was born in Glasgow, Scotland on February 28, 1967. She went to London, and found work as a publicist, and then in the video department of EMI Records. In 1993, McCluskey relocated to Hollywood, California.
She is married to composer Paul Cantelon.
In Los Angeles in 1993, McCluskey and her friend Shark formed a band called Wild Colonials. Two albums, Fruit of Life (1994) and This Can't Be Life (1996), were followed by performances at 1997's Lilith Fair road show.
In 2009, McCluskey released her second solo album You Could Start a Fight in an Empty House including the track "Handle with Grace" (featuring Télépopmusik).
In 2011, McCluskey performed her one woman (and two men) show Catch a Falling Star in New York while also performing at Carnegie Hall. Angela also appears as a featured vocalist on Robbie Robertson's album How to Become Clairvoyant. In the Air, her collaboration with Morgan Page, went to No. 1 on the Billboard Dance Chart.
In 2012, McCluskey released Lambeth Palace, her third solo album featuring collaborations with Morgan Page, Ambrosia Parsley, and Richard Fortus. She also released Stargazing (featuring Delerium) on their album Music Box Opera.
In 2013, Angela McCulskey released XIX with duo Christian Rich and also We Are the Future with Andy Caldwell (released on Nettwerk)
- The Things We Do (2004)
- Angela McCluskey EP (2004)
- You Could Start a Fight in an Empty House (Bernadette, 2009)
- Handle with Grace EP (Bernadette, 2010)
- Here Comes the Sun (Bernadette, 2011)
- Lambeth Palace (EP) (Believe, 2012)
with The Garden of Eden
- The Garden of Eden (1988)
with Wild Colonials
- Fruit of Life (1994)
- This Can’t Be Life (1996)
- Reel Life, Vol. 1 (2000)
- Life as We Know It EP 1/4 (2007)
as a featured artist
- Morgan Page – Tell Me Why (2010)
- Robbie Robertson – "When the Night Was Young" on How to Be Clairvoyant
- Morgan Page, Sultan & Ned Shepard and BT – In the Air (Nettwerk, 2012)
- Delerium – "Stargazing" on Music Box Opera (Nettwerk, 2012)
- Angela McCluskey & Christian Rich – "XIX" (2012)
- Andy Caldwell – "We Are the Future" (Nettwerk)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Angela McCluskey|