||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Born||October 19, 1982|
|Education||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Occupation||Sports Reporter for Yahoo! Sports, Documentary filmmaker|
Angela Sun (born 19 October 1982) is an American journalist, television presenter, sportscaster, and documentary filmmaker. A correspondent for American Ninja Warrior, Sun also hosted "Yahoo Sports Minute", and anchors Court Reports on The Tennis Channel.
Born and raised in Northern California, Sun is an alumna of UCLA, where she earned degrees in Sociology and Communications.
In high school and college, Sun competed in pro-am surf events and was a team rider for Loaded Boards.
Sun's action sports background led to hosting for EXTV, LG Action Sports Championships and ASP Surfing World Tour.
In 2009, Sun became an anchor for "The Court Report" on The Tennis Channel.
Sun hosted "The Yahoo Sports Minute", which she took over from former host Ashley Russell, and covered the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver for Yahoo! Sports.
On July 18, 2014 Sun hosted Yahoo Sports for the final time. After that there was a final message for Sun Editor’s Note: "The Yahoo Sports team would like to cordially thank Angela Sun for hosting the Yahoo Sports Minute for the last four and a half years. Thanks for helping make the Yahoo Sports Minute the #1 online sports show, Sunny Angela."
Directing and Producing
Sun is directing and producing her first feature-length documentary, Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, examining the plastic pollution in the oceans and its effects on the environment, marine life, and ultimately humans. The Great Pacific garbage patch is a huge collection of trash trapped in a gyre in the Pacific Ocean. It was discovered by Charles J. Moore in 1997 and most recently explored by Algalita/5 Gyres and Sea Education Association expeditions.
Sun speaks English, Spanish, and some German and Mandarin. She has traveled to over 40 countries and studied abroad in Australia at the University of New South Wales. She is a contributing travel writer for wandermelon.com
- "Angela Sun Linkal Page". Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Laracy, Noah (30 April 2010). "Angela Sun: A Back Stage Exclusive". Back Stage. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "63rd Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards Nominations". Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- "Angela Sun". The Tennis Channel. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Marlow, Chris (2012-07-16). "Yahoo’s latest original programming slate is a man’s world". Digital Media Wire. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Duren, Rand (2012-05-18). "'American Ninja Warrior' starts soon, see Dallas' fierce contestants now". Dallas News TV Guide. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Israeli, Dan (no date given). "Build Your Own American Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course". Men's Fitness. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- "AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR - BIOGRAPHIES". NBC Media Village. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Surget, Andie (6/11/2012). "Sportscaster Angela Sun Shares Her Fitness Favorites". Fitness Magazine. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Sun, Angela (6/8/2012). "Digging into the Great Pacific Garbage Patch". Yahoo news. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in:
- Mag, Audrey (2011-10-25). "Lose the Plastic: Angela Sun’s Green Tips". Audrey, The Asian American Women's Lifestyle Magazine. Retrieved 4/1/2013. Check date values in: