|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2013)|
Angela Tsun in April 2013
27 August 1982 |
Darlinghurst, New South Wales
|Alma mater||University of New South Wales|
|Known for||Presenting the Weather and News|
|Television||Seven News, Postcards WA, Just Add Water, Getaway, Today Show, Ralph TV, Wild World of Weather|
Angela Tsun (born 1982) is an Australian television and radio presenter, who is notable for presenting the weather. She has presented weather on Foxtel's The Weather Channel, Nine News Perth, WIN Television and Seven News Perth—where she presently works, anchoring the 4:30pm news and presenting the weather on the 6pm news. She also currently co-hosts the The Dead Set Legends on Mix 94.5.
Angela and her brother, Danny grew up in New South Wales. Her father is half-Chinese, and her mother is Australian. She lived, studied and worked in Sydney before taking up residence in Perth. She holds a Bachelor of Science Communications from the University of New South Wales.
During Angela's first semester of studying Science Communications at the University of New South Wales, after an excursion to Foxtel's The Weather Channel, she was offered the job of a weather presenter by the television station.
Angela began her reporting career as a weather presenter in 2002 on Foxtel's The Weather Channel in Sydney where she hosted the documentary series Wild World of Weather and presented the Beach and Surf reports. In 2007, Angela was one of the hosts of Ralph TV, a weekly television series based on Ralph (magazine) which aired on the Nine Network. Angela moved to Perth in 2008 to join the Nine Network and WIN Television news team. At Nine News Perth, Angela presented weather on the 4:30pm and 6pm news bulletins; she also hosted Postcards WA and Just Add Water. Sometimes Angela filed travels stories for Getaway and reported on Today Show.
In January 2013, Angela joined the Seven Network as a weather presenter on the Seven News Perth where she anchors the 4:30pm news and presents the weather on the 6pm news. Angela also co-hosts the The Dead Set Legends with Adrian Barich and David Wirrpanda on Mix 94.5.
|Foxtel's The Weather Channel, Sydney
2002 – 2008
|Nine News Perth
2008 – 2013
|Seven News Perth
Angela is a member of the Australian Science Communicators Association (ASC).
- Helen Ganska (6 June 2008). "Here comes the Tsun". The Sunday Times (Western Australia). Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Angela Tsun". Channel 7 Perth. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Change in the weather girls". The West Australian. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Jillian McHugh (14 January 2013). "Tsun on the rise with Channel Seven debut". WAtoday. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Tsun rise for Perth’s Dead Set Legends". RadioInfo. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Up and running: Angela Tsun". HBF Health Fund. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Sibling Tsuns on rise". The West Australian. 3 May 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "My favourite place: Angela Tsun's Fremantle". ninemsn. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Christine Sams (27 May 2007). "Sex toned down for Ralph TV". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 5 April 2013.