|Birth name||Angela Yee|
January 3, 1976 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Show||The Breakfast Club (co-host)|
|Time slot||6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
|Previous show(s)||The Morning After with Angela Yee
Lip Service with Angela Yee and Leah Rose
Yee was born in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn, New York to a West Indian mother and a Cantonese father. When she was 15 years old, she moved to South Orange, New Jersey. She attended Poly Prep Country Day School and graduated in 1993. Angela attended Wesleyan University, where she majored in English, in 1997. Having aspirations of becoming a writer, she gravitated to the marketing and music industries soon after graduation from college. Her first job after college was working at Wu-Tang Management.
She then used to work for Paul Rosenberg and Eminem's clothing company Shady Limited and saw an opportunity at Sirius Satellite Radio's marketing department, she asked Paul if he only could get her an interview because he had the connects through Shade 45. Paul then said to her, "Well, you know what, they're looking for a female on the morning show, why don't you try it out and see if it works for you?" 
She hosted Lip Service and The Morning After with Angela Yee on Eminem's radio station, Shade 45, at Sirius Satellite Radio. She started her radio career at Sirius in 2005 as the co-host for The Cipha Sounds Effect. When Cipha Sounds left Sirius in July 2008, Angela took over the hosting duties full-time and the show was renamed the Shade 45 Morning Show Starring Angela Yee, and finally the name changed to The Morning After with Angela Yee. Angela was offered, twice, by HOT 97 to follow Cipha to their radio station but were told that she wouldn't be "equal" on the show with Cipha and Peter Rosenberg, so she chose to stay at Shade 45 where she got the morning show to herself. 
In December 2010, Angela left Shade 45 and began hosting The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1, alongside DJ Envy and Charlamagne Tha God. The show is known for being candid and asking tough questions to artists.
- "Jo Koy Interview Power 105.1".
- Radio Personality Angela Yee, Black Enterprise. By Janee Bolden. Published 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Alumni of Color Newsletter: Spring 2005: What We’ve Been Doing [Wesleyan University]". Wesleyan.edu. 2004-09-04. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Eminem's Uncut Hip-Hop Channel – Hip-Hop/R&B – Music – Shade 45 – SiriusXM Satellite Radio – SiriusXM Radio". Shade 45. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Lip Service!". VIBE. Archived from the original on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Angela Yee – rising voice in NY". TeamYee.tv. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Posted 10/5/10 (2010-10-05). "Sucker Free Exclusive: DJ Drama On His Relationship With The Aphilliates | Video". MTV. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Power 30 Radio: Angela Yee". TeamYee.tv. Retrieved 2011-08-19.