|Born||Angelique Monique Paulette Boyer Rousseau
July 4, 1988
Saint-Claude, Jura, France
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
Sylvie Rousseau (deceased)
Angelique Boyer (Spanish pronunciation: [aɲɟʝeˈlik βoˈʝeɾ]), born Angélique Monique Paulette Boyer Rousseau (French pronunciation: [ɑ̃ʒelik mɔnik polɛt bwa.jeʁ ʁuso]), on July 4, 1988 in Saint-Claude, Jura, France, is a French-born Mexican actress, model, and singer.
She started her career playing secondary roles in the telenovelas Rebelde, Muchachitas como tú, and Corazón Salvaje. In 2010, she was given her first protagonist role in Teresa, a remake of the 1959 telenovela. In Teresa, Boyer portrays Teresa Chávez Aguirre, a young woman who will use her beauty and ambition to escape from her impoverished life in a poor Mexico City neighborhood. Her acting and portrayal received widespread critical acclaim from critics and audiences alike, and in 2011 she won the Premios TVyNovelas "Best Actress of the Year" for her work in Teresa .
Boyer was included in Los 50 más bellos list of People en Español, a list of Latino celebrities chosen for their beauty. In 2012, she was given her second protagonist role in Abismo de Pasión. Now currently she is starring in Lo Que La Vida Me Robó with Sebastian Rulli and [Luis Roberto Guzman].
Boyer she was born in Saint-Claude, Jura, France. She has said personally that her mother, whose maiden name is "Rousseau", was born in Mexico to French parents. In 1990, Boyer's family moved to Mexico. In reference to her parents migration to Mexico; Boyer quotes "I am very thankful for my parents' decision, because it was a choice between either Spain or Mexico".
At a very young age, she became a member of the musical group "Rabanitos Verdes" (Little Green Radishes). Later, she continued on with a dream of becoming an actress. At the age of eight she enrolled in the Centro de Educación Artística, where she later graduated at the age of 12.
While filming Rebelde, she and two other co-stars - the characters of Celina (Estefanía Villareal) and José Luján (Zoraida Gómez) - formed the band Citricus or C3Q'S, which recorded one song - "No Me Importa" ("I don't care"); though it was only a single, the song went on to be played aired during a special concert show and was used as soundtrack during the rest of the show when characters acted rebellious. The song became a favorite of fans, but was overshadowed by the main cast RBD's two albums.
After Rebelde, Boyer auditioned for Bailando por la Boda de mis Sueños (Dancing for my Dream Wedding), a charity show in which less fortunate contestants are paired with celebrities in order to have their dream wedding paid for. Boyer has been featured in H Para Hombres and the Mexican edition of Maxim. In 2007, she began to appear regularly on another television series, Muchachitas como tu. Her mother Sylvie Rousseau passed away on June 17, 2014 at age of 49.
Transition to mature roles
In 2009, she was cast in the high crime drama television series Mujeres Asesinas 2 as a violent killer, a role she welcomed as a contrast to the "good-girl" characters she typically portrayed. Roles which later broke new ground for her were the big budget telenovela projects in 2010 Corazón salvaje and in 2011 Teresa as main protagonist and main villain. These controversial roles marked a significant change in Boyer's acting career, for this was the first time fans had seen the actress in more mature roles.
Not long after she was the main protagonist-antagonist in Teresa, she participated in a theatre role, Ausencia de Dios (God's Absence) she went from "la hembra mala" (femme fatale) to a "monja" (a nun in catholic religion), where she worked with Raquel Olmedo once again, and Jacqueline Andere.
In 2012, Angelique Boyer starred in the telenovela Abismo de Pasion with David Zepeda. She played Elisa Castañón, a young, innocent woman forbidden to be with the love of her life, Damian Arango, played by David Zepeda, due to family differences and secrets.
On June 26, 2013, it was confirmed that Angelique Boyer (along with Sebastián Rulli and Luis Roberto Guzmán) will star in Angelli Nesma's Lo Que La Vida Me Robó, a remake of Ernesto Alonso's Bodas de odio produced in 1983.
|2004||Corazones al límite||Anette||Special Appearance|
|2004–06||Rebelde||Victória "Vico" Paz||Recurring Character|
|2007||Muchachitas como tu||Margarita Villaseñor||Antagonist|
|2008–09||Alma de Hierro||Sandra "Sandy" Hierro||Young Protagonist|
|2009||Mujeres Asesinas 2||Soledad Oropeza "Cindy"||Episode: "Soledad, Cautiva"|
|2009–10||Corazón Salvaje||Jimena / Estrella / Ángela Villarreal||Young Protagonist|
|2010–11||Teresa||Teresa Chávez Aguirre||Protagonist|
|2012||Abismo de Pasion||Elisa Castañón Bouvier||Protagonist|
|2013–14||Lo Que La Vida Me Robó||Montserrat Mendoza Giacinti||Protagonist|
Awards and nominations
|2010||Premios TVyNovelas||Best young actress||Corazón salvaje||Nominated|
|Premios People en Español||Best young actress||Nominated|
|2011||Premios TVyNovelas||Best actress||Teresa||Won|
|Premios People en Español||Best couples (whit Aarón Díaz)||Nominated|
|Best couples (whit Sebastián Rulli)||Nominated|
|Kids Choice Awards México||Favorite female character in a series||Nominated|
|Premios Bravo||Best actress||Won|
|Premios Juventud||Best couples (whit Aarón Díaz and Sebastián Rulli)||Won|
|Girl of my dreams||Nominated|
|2012||Premios ACE||Best Lead Actress||Won|
|Premios People en Español||Best couples (whit David Zepeda)||Abismo de pasión||Nominated|
|Kids Choice Awards México||Favorite Actress||Nominated|
|Premios Juventud||Girl of my dreams||Nominated|
|2013||Premios TVyNovelas||Best Lead Actress||Nominated|
|2014||Premios Juventud||Girl of my dreams||Lo que la vida me robó||Won|
- "Es 'Teresa' temible". Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Los Premios Tv y Novelas reúnen a famosos". Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Los 50 más bellos - Angélique Boyer". Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- Angélique Boyer biography at esmas (in Spanish)
- "Angelique Boyer in Univision's Sal y Pimienta". Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Angelique Boyer será mujer asesina", El Universal, 27 April 2009 (in Spanish)
- 'Abismo de Pasión' arranca grabaciones en Mérida
- Angelique Boyer y Sebastián Rulli son los protagonistas de "Bodas de Odio"
- People en Español. "Ganadores Premios People en Español 2010, categoría Novelas". www.peopleenespanol.com.
- Ganadores Premios People en Español 2011, categoría Novelas
- People en Español. "Ganadores Premios People en Español 2011, categoría Novelas". www.peopleenespanol.com.
- Milenio. "Nickelodeon dio a conocer los nominados para la edición mexicana de los ‘Kids Chice Awards’". www.milenio.com.
- Televisa (October 13, 2011). "Triunfan 'Teresa' y 'Para volver a amar' en Premios Bravo". Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Angelique Boyer la mejor actriz de Telenovela de los Premios Ace 2012". Lasnoticiasmexico. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Terra (July 7, 2010). ""Grachi" la principal nominada de los Kids' Choice Awards México". entretenimiento.terra.com.
- Star Media Latinoamérica. "Angelique Boyer, la favorita para "la chica que me quita el sueño", Premios Juventud 2012". entretenimiento.starmedia.com.
- "Lista completa de nominados Premios Juventud 2014" (in Spanish). May 7, 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Las actrices más sexys que quitan el sueño" (in Spanish). Retrieved May 19, 2014.
|This article about a Mexican actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|