|Full name||Ángelo Jasiel Balanta|
|Date of birth||1 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Santiago de Cali, Colombia|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Left winger / Striker|
|CB Hounslow United|
|–2007||Queens Park Rangers|
|2007–2014||Queens Park Rangers||25||(2)|
|2008–2009||→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)||11||(3)|
|2010–2011||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||18||(6)|
|2011–2012||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||20||(4)|
|2012–2013||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||12||(1)|
|2013||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:55, 8 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Cali, Colombia, Balanta moved to England and grew up in Fulham as a youth where he attended Hurlingham & Chelsea Secondary school. he then attended south thames college for a year, completing a construction course.Balanta progressed through the Queens Park Rangers' youth system before being promoted to the first team in 2007. He was spotted by QPR scouts playing for CB Hounslow United who play in The Combined County Football Division. He signed his first professional contract with QPR in January 2008, which will keep him at the club until 2010 and was given shirt number 36.
He made his first team debut when we was brought on as a substitute, replacing Ben Sahar, against Crystal Palace on 4 December 2007. He made his first start against Watford on 29 December 2007. In the 10th minute of the game, Balanta put Dexter Blackstock through with a looping ball which resulted in him being fouled and a penalty kick being given, which was scored by Martin Rowlands. In the 40th minute, Balanta won an aerial challenge against Lloyd Doyley and found unmarked Martin Rowlands with a lob. Rowlands scored with a chip over Richard Lee from an acute angle. Balanta is highly rated at QPR and is the latest talent to break through the youth set up at Loftus Road. On 5 January 2008, he made his FA Cup debut against Chelsea, coming on as a 65th minute substitute for new signing Hogan Ephraim. On 23 February 2008, Balanta scored his first senior goal for QPR against Sheffield United at Loftus Road. The goal came in the 19th minute when Hogan Ephraim whipped in a cross into the near post where Balanta latched onto the ball. Rangers drew the game 1–1.
At the start of the 2008–09 season, new manager Iain Dowie handed Balanta the number 19 shirt and gave him his first start in a League Cup third round game away at Swindon Town, which was won 3–2, with Balanta scoring the first goal. On 13 November 2008, Balanta moved on loan to League Two side Wycombe Wanderers for three months. He was recalled from his loan spell two weeks early having scored three goals in 11 games.
In January 2012, Balanta returned to Queens Park Rangers and was given the number 46 shirt. In their game against Aston Villa he was placed on the bench.
On 26 March 2013, Balanta joined League One side Yeovil Town on loan until the end of the 2012–13 season. Balanta made seven appearances for Yeovil and was an unused substitute in the 2013 League One play-off Final as Yeovil beat Brentford 2–1 to secure promotion to the Football League Championship. On 1 July 2014, Balanta was released by QPR after seven years at the club.
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists". premierleague.com (Premier League). 2 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- Waiting in the Wings, 3 April 2008, Queens Park Rangers F.C.. Retrieved 24 September 2008.
- "Exclusive: Balanta turns pro". Queens Park Rangers F.C. 16 January 2008. Archived from the original on 18 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-16.
- "Wycombe sign QPR striker Balanta". BBC Sport. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- Peters, Dave (3 February 2009). "Rangers recall Colombian ace". This Is Local London. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Ángelo Balanta". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- ROBINSON BACKS NEW-BOY BALANTA SportingLife.com, 11 June 2010
- "Ángelo returnes to MK". MK Dons official website. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Balanta back but Doumbe is ruled out". Milton Keynes Citizen. 2 August 2011.
- "Ángelo Balanta joins Yeovil Town from QPR on loan". BBC Sport. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Brentford 1–2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 19 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Balanta on Standby, 22 September 2008, Queens Park Rangers F.C.. Retrieved 24 September 2008.
- Ángelo Balanta career stats at Soccerbase
- Ángelo Balanta profile at the Queens Park Rangers website
- Ángelo Balanta MK:Dons Profile