|Genres||R&B, hard rock, blues-rock, blues, jazz, jazz fusion|
|Occupations||Musician, Record Producer, Audio Engineer|
|Instruments||Electric Guitar, Electric Bass|
|Labels||Soul Street Records|
|Electric Guitar, Electric Bass|
Angelo Earl is an American guitarist, record producer, songwriter and owner of Soul Street Records. Earl is most widely known for playing electric guitar on Al Green’s “He Is The Light”, Bobby Rush’s “Southern Soul”, the Bar-kays “The Real Thing”, contributing vocal work to Isaac Hayes’ “Branded”, touring with the Jackson family, touring with the Funk Brothers and writing for Queen’s “Under Pressure”. Recently, Earl appeared on episodes of The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty on A&E. Earl’s musical career has spanned over 20 years.
Angelo Earl began his professional career in 1975 with guitar tracks recorded on Yanique’s album “Lovin’ You”.
Engineering, Production and Writing
Earl performed engineering on Jody Watley’s album “Affection” alongside musical great Booker T. Jones. Angelo Earl also produced RCA recording Artist "Cherokee's" critically acclaimed debut album in 1997 "I Love You.. Me".
Earl has served as a staff engineer for both Ardent and Cotton Row studios.
In 1993, Earl engineered and produced music for the Motown documentary film, "Only The Strong Survive" and in 1994, Earl produced music for the film, Little Giants in both production and recording capacities. Earl also played the part of a prisoner in the 1984 CBS Television show, "The Mississippi".
In 2005, Earl produced The Tim Terry Experience album “The Tim Terry Experience” and released it on his record label, Soulstreet Records. Angelo Earl tracked the album at Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN and mixed it at Prince's studio, Paisley Park. At its height, "The Tim Terry Experience album" reached the #3 position for soul music on the United Kingdom Soul charts in 2005. It also received 41⁄2 stars in Blues and Soul Magazine Review in the UK.
Angelo Earl continues to operate Soulstreet Records and tours with various acts.
Earl’s electric guitar work includes:
- Al Green - He Is The Light (Album)
- Al Green - I Get Joy (Album)
- Archie Love - Love Chronicles (Album)
- Archie Love - Exposed (Album)
- Bobby Rush - Southern Soul (Album)
- Bar-kays - Real Thing (Album)
- Bar-kays - House Party (Album)
- Bar-kays - Animal (Album)
- Bobby Blue Bland - (Live Tour)
- Black Oak Arkansas - (Live Tour)
- Cree Summers - (Live Tour)
- Dr. Dre - Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath (Album)
- George Clinton - (Live Tour)
- Lynn White - Sorry
- Cybil Sheppard - Somewhere Down The Road
- Latimore - (Live Tour)
- Lisa Santiago - Feels So Good (Show Me Your Love) (Album)
- Billy Always - Let's Get Personal
- Jody Watley - Affection (Album)
- Domino - Physical Funk (Album)
- Cherokee - I Love You...Me (Album)
- Kevin Page - (Live Tour)
- Stacey Merino - Stacey Merino (Album)
- Mable John - (Live Tour)
- Jack Ashford - (Live Tour)
- Thelma Houston - (Live Tour)
- Brenda Holloway - (Live Tour)
- Chris Clark - (Live Tour)
- Shirley Brown - Holding My Own (Album)
- SSP - Country & Hardheaded
- Tito Jackson - (Live Tour)
- The Soul Children - Still Standing (Album)
- Tydyl Wave - Break Down the Walls (Album)
- Larry Springfield - “I'm Just a Man”
- J Blackfoot - “Woof Woof Meow”
- Cherokee - “I Love You...Me”
- Wet, Wet, Wet - Memphis Sessions
- Kevin Rowland - The Wanderer (Album)
- "Angelo Earl". TheNewsRoom. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Keeping Soul Alive (2007-12-26). "In Dangerous Rhythm: Jack Ashford with The Funk Brothers in Europe 2008". Indangerousrhythm.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- "Under pressure. Writers, Kene Bell, Antonio Phelon, Michael Ripoll & Michael Allen - Copyright Info". Faqs.org. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- puzzler (2005-06-19). "MP3 The Tim Terry Experience - Born II Live - Download RnB, Soul". Tradebit.com. Retrieved 2011-03-30.