Coordinates: 43°29′06″N 1°31′06″W / 43.4850°N 1.5183°W
Anglet (French: [ɑ̃glet]; Occitan: [aŋˈglet], Basque: Angelu [aŋgelu]) is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department in Aquitaine in southwestern France.
Anglet lies in the traditional province of Labourd of the Northern Basque Country, while its inhabitants, called Angloys, have been traditionally Gascon (Occitan) speaking.
- The river Adour enters the Atlantic between Anglet and Tarnos.
- A pine forest covers 10% of the town (primarily in the Pignada, Lazaret and Chiberta areas).
- The sandy coast which commences 200 km (120 mi) to the North at the Pointe de Grave, the end of the Gironde estuary, ends here. Numerous dikes mark the Anglet shoreline.
- A 5 km (3.1 mi) coastline consisting mainly of sandy beaches stretching from the Adour estuary to the lighthouse in Biarritz
Topography of Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne
Neighbouring communes 
|Date of Election
|Data prior to 1971 not yet known.
Anglet forms a communauté d'agglomération, BAB with the towns of Bayonne and Biarritz, together with whom it jointly administers the airport of Biarritz - Anglet - Bayonne.
Local economic activity :
- Seaside resort
- Seawater Therapy
- Ice hockey : The ‘Anglet Orcas’ team has played many years in the Magnus League;
- Golf : The Chiberta, a 71-hole links, is one of the most beautiful of the Basque Coast. In 2005, it hosted a qualifying tournament for the French Open;
- Surfing : The local beaches host many competitions for both Men and Women.
- The 'Chambre d'amour' grotto (reputedly the scene of the death of two lovers).
Anglet has an airport Aéroport de Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne its about 2 kilometres just opposite of N10 road, it is joined airport with Biarritz and Bayonne. It has flights to destinations across France as well as Europe.
International relations 
Anglet has been twinned with the town of Ansbach (Germany) since 1968.
VVF beach, Cape Saint Martin and Biarritz Lighthouse.
Anglet has 11 beaches (from North to South):
- Plage de la Barre;
- Plage des cavaliers;
- Plage des dunes;
- Plage de l'océan;
- Plage de la Madrague;
- Plage de la petite Madrague;
- Plage des corsaires;
- Plage de Marinella;
- Plage des sables d'or;
- Plage du club;
- Plage du VVF (Village Vacances Famille).
See also 
External links