The Anglican Diocese of Perth is one of the 23 dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia. The constitution of the Diocese of Perth was passed and adopted in 1872 at the first synod held in Western Australia. In 1914, the Province of Western Australia was created and the diocesan bishop became ex officio metropolitan bishop of the new province and therefore also an archbishop. The diocese incorporates the southern part of the state of Western Australia and includes the Christmas and Cocos Islands. The other dioceses in the Anglican Province of Western Australia are the Diocese of Bunbury and the Diocese of North West Australia.
The diocese has traditionally had a variety of churchmanship and in recent years has largely moved toward a more liberal and moderate Catholic style. There are, however, parishes and clergy representative of all the main Anglican traditions.
The cathedral church of the diocese is St George's Cathedral, Perth.
Bishops and Archbishops of Perth 
Assistant bishops 
|Assistant bishops of Perth
||Robert Freeth, Assistant Bishop of Perth
||Brian Macdonald, bishop coadjutor
|| Thomas Brian Macdonald; previously Dean of Perth (1959–1964).
||Michael Challen, Assistant Bishop of Perth
|| Previously archdeacon.
||Brian Kyme, Assistant Bishop of Perth
||Ben Wright, Assistant Bishop of Perth, Goldfields Country Region
||Brian Farran, Assistant Bishop of Perth, Goldfields Country Region
||Became Bishop of the Northern Region; translated to Newcastle.
||David Murray, Bishop of the Southern Region
||aka Bishop of Freemantle.
||Gerald Beaumont, Assistant Bishop of Perth, Goldfields Country Region
||Tom Wilmot, Assistant Bishop of Perth, Goldfields Country Region
||Translated between regions.
||Tom Wilmot, Assistant Bishop of Perth, Eastern and Rural Region
||Mark Burton, Bishop of the Northern Region
|| Became Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne
||Kay Goldsworthy, Assistant Bishop of Perth
See also 
- ^ Freeth Family – Robert Evelyn Freeth
- ^ Presidential Address to the Second General Synod, 1966
- ^ Library of West Australian History – Perth Cathedral
- ^ Michael Challen biography
- ^ Anglican Diocese of Bunbury – John Ramsdon (contemporary of ++Peter Perth, +Michael Challen and +Gerald NW Australia)
- ^ Bidding farewell to Bishop Ben
- ^ Northern Region – Bishop
- ^ Newcastle Anglican – Bishop Brian
- ^ Letter from Australia – Yesterday's Men
- ^ Anglican Religious Communities – Organisations
- ^ a b Communion Directory, 8 March 2000
- ^ Changing Attitude – Pastoral Statement
- ^ Bishop to lead Melbourne Cathedral
External links 
Coordinates: 31°57′20.51″S 115°51′40.31″E / 31.9556972°S 115.8611972°E