|Fate||Absorbed into EMI Films|
|Divisions||Anglo Amalgamated Film Distributors|
Anglo-Amalgamated Productions was a British film production company, run by Nat Cohen and Stuart Levy, which operated from 1945 until roughly 1969 (after which it was absorbed into EMI Films). Low-budget and second features, often produced at Merton Park Studios, formed much of its output. It was the UK distributor of many films by American International Pictures.
It is widely remembered for the first 12 Carry On films (all of which were produced at Pinewood Studios) and B-movie series such as The Scales of Justice, Scotland Yard and Edgar Wallace Mysteries; it did, however, produce the Michael Powell film Peeping Tom.
Its film distribution subsidiary was Anglo Amalgamated Film Distributors Ltd.
At its peak Anglo Amalgamated made £3 million a year.
Anglo had a film production arm called Insignia Films.
- Wide Boy (1952)
- The Drayton Case (1953)
- The Sleeping Tiger (1954)
- The Tommy Steele Story (1957)
- Carry On Sergeant (1958)
- Carry On Nurse (1959)
- Horrors of the Black Museum (1959)
- Carry On Teacher (1959)
- Peeping Tom (1960)
- Carry On Constable (1960)
- Circus of Horrors (1960)
- The Criminal (1960)
- Carry On Regardless (1961)
- A Kind of Loving (1962)
- Carry On Cruising (1962)
- Carry On Cabby (1963)
- Carry On Jack (1963)
- Billy Liar (1963)
- Carry On Spying (1964)
- The Masque of the Red Death (1964)
- The Tomb of Ligeia (1964)
- Nothing But the Best (1964)
- Catch Us If You Can (1964)
- Carry On Cowboy (1965)
- Carry On Cleo (1965)
- Carry On Screaming (1966)
- Poor Cow (1967)
- "A.B. Pictures Acquire 50% Of Anglo Amalgamated." Times [London, England 5 Apr. 1962: 21. The Times Digital Archive.] Web. 6 Apr. 2014
- "Associated British Picture Corporation." Sunday Times [London, England] 3 Sept. 1967: 44. The Sunday Times Digital Archive. Web. 29 Mar. 2014.
- "BUSINESS diary." Times [London, England] 28 Mar. 1969: 31. The Times Digital Archive. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- Mitchell, Wendy (17 December 2012). "Network Distributing acquires rights to 450 films from StudioCanal library". Screen Daily. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Anglo-Amalgamated at BFI Screenonline
- Anglo-Amalgamated Productions at the Internet Movie Database
- Anglo-Amalgamated Distributors at the Internet Movie Database
- Insignia Films at BFI
- Insignia Films at IMDB
|This article about a media company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|