Angry Asian Man
|Type of site||News|
|Created by||Phil Yu|
AngryAsianMan.com is an internet blog founded in 2001 by Korean American Phil Yu. There is also an accompanying podcast for the blog entitled Sound and Fury: The Angry Asian Podcast having downloadable episodes on iTunes.
Angry Asian Man is a leader in broadcasting Asian American news, pop culture, and discrimination to the greater Asian Pacific American community.  The Washington Post calls Angry Asian Man "a daily must-read for the media-savvy, socially conscious, pop-cultured Asian American."
Yu also received the 2012 Salute to Champions Award from the Japanese American Citizens League. He is also a recipient of the 2011 Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Award for Excellence in New Media from the California Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus, the 2011 Public Image Award from Asian Americans Advancing Justice, and the 2011 Excellence in Media Award from OCA-Greater Los Angeles.
Yu previously worked at the Center for Asian American Media in San Francisco, California, and also worked as a content producer for Yahoo! Movies - doing a number of segments for Fast and Furious 6 and other films. He also currently serves as a board member on the board of the Los Angeles-based Visual Communications, the annual producers of the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival. Yu appears in Evan Jackson Leong's documentary on Jeremy Lin, Linsanity, which screened at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. He is also an Executive Producer of the forthcoming action/comedy web series from the National Film Society duo of Patrick Epino and Stephen Dypiangco entitled Awesome Asian Bad Guys.
Yu graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Radio/TV/Film from Northwestern University and earned a M.A. in Critical Asian Studies from the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts (as a Provost Fellow).
- 2012 Salute to Champions Award from the Japanese American Citizens League
- 2011 Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Award for Excellence in New Media from the California Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- 2011 Public Image Award from Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- 2011 Excellence in Media Award from OCA-Greater Los Angeles
- "Sex and the Asian man". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Mad Man: Meet Blogger Phil Yu". KoreAm. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "Incensed And Empowered". Washington Post. 2010-02-20.
- "'Angry Asian Man' aims to trump stereotypes". Daily Texan. 2010-02-20.
- iTunes, Podcasts: Sound and Fury: The Angry Asian Podcast, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sound-fury-angry-asian-podcast/id525370224?mt=2
- "Meet Blogger Phil Yu".
- Jose Antonio Vargas, Incensed and Empowered, The Washington Post (Sunday, October 9, 2005), http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/08/AR2005100801286.html
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|