Angry Birds Toons
|Angry Birds Toons|
Angry Birds Toons Logo
|Created by||Mikael Hed
|Voices of||Antti Pääkkönen
Antti L. J. Pääkkönen
|Opening theme||"Angry Birds Toons"|
|Country of origin||Finland
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (List of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Rovio Entertainment
Toon City (episodes 13-44; episode 47-present)
Atomic Cartoons (episodes 45-present)
|Original run||March 16, 2013– 2015|
Angry Birds Toons is a Finnish-American animated TV series based on Rovio's video game franchise of the same name. This animated series provides explanations for the rivalry between the birds and the pigs; it also relates the birds' and pigs' (so far) comedic adventures among themselves and against each other. Episodes are being released on a schedule of one per week every Sunday.
There was an introductory episode called "Meet the Flock," which introduced the characters to the audience and gave most of the birds their names. None of the green pigs have been identified by name so far, but all the various types of pigs visible in the Angry Birds game (such as the king pig and the helmeted pig) have been shown. The episodes are all fairly short; so far they are all under three minutes. No dialogue is used, only facial expressions, sound effects and simple vocalizations, similar to many of the Tom & Jerry cartoons of the mid-twentieth century. This allows the cartoons to be understood by virtually all cultures worldwide without alteration or translation.
In 2011 Nickelodeon has shown Angry Birds: Wreck The Halls, a Christmas special aired on December 17, 2011; and Angry Birds Space, an animated prequel to the video game of the same name in March 2012.
- Red (the Red Bird): (Voiced by Antti Pääkkönen and Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Chuck (the Yellow Bird): (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Bomb (the Black Bird): (Voiced by Pasi Ruohönen)
- Matilda (the White Bird): (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- The Blues (Jay, Jake and Jim) (the Blue Birds) : (Voiced by Lynne Guaglione and Heljä Heikkinen)
- Terence (the Big Brother Bird): (Voiced by Heljä Heikkinen)
- Bubbles (the Orange Bird): (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pakkeon)
- Minion Pigs: (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen and Antti Pääkkönen)
- Corporal Pig: (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- King Pig: (Voiced by Antti Pääkkönen)
- Chef Pig: (Voiced by Aku Laitinen)
- Foreman Pig (Voiced by Rauno Ahonen)
- Professor Pig (Voiced by Antti Jaakola)
- Chronicler Pig (Voiced by Chris Sadler)
- Zombie Pigs (Voiced by Antti Pääkkönen)
- Goliath Prisoner Pig (Voiced by Antti Pääkkönen)
- Guard Pig (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Prisoner Pig (Voiced by Antti Pääkkönen)
- Snail (Voiced by Aku Laitinen)
- Different Pig (Voiced by Aku Laitinen)
- "Ray" (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Bomblebee (Voiced by Douglas Black Heaton)
- Goliath Pig (El Porkador) (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Hard Pig (Hambo) (Voiced by Antti L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Gnome (Voiced by Eric Guaglione)
- Caterpillar (Voiced by Antii L. J. Pääkkönen)
- Tenor Pig (Voiced by Gian Majidi)
- Mighty Dragon (cameo)
Rovio has announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video game series. They plan to produce 52 short episodes. The series will be produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio.
In 2014, Rovio plans to release a new season of Angry Birds Toons, including two dedicated series and one of them is for Bad Piggies called Piggy Tales and the other is based on the upcoming Angry Birds Stella spinoff.
In April 11, 2014, Rovio released a new series dubbed "Piggy Tales " on their multi-platform broadcasting channel, Toons.tv, with the Pilot Episode being "Trampoline". Piggy Tales is a Finnish clay animation series, like those of Aardman Animations, but with a blank background. The series is based on the minion pigs' life, with other exclusive characters to appear in various episodes, but no other pigs or birds are to be featured.
Angry Birds Toons Episode List
|Italy||Super!||28 November 2013|
|Indonesia||antv||16 March 2013|
|Canada||Teletoon||16 March 2013|
|United States||Xfinity On Demand||16 March 2013|
|Ukraine||1+1||17 March 2013|
|South Korea||JEI TV
JEI English TV
|29 June 2013|
|Philippines||GMA Network||27 July 2013|
|New Zealand||TV2||19 August 2013|
|Turkey||TRT Çocuk||6 September 2013|
|Malaysia||Nickelodeon Malaysia||8 September 2013|
|Greece||Star Channel||21 September 2013|
|Arab World Middle East Africa Europe||Jeem TV||16 March 2013|
|Poland||Puls 2||7 December 2013|
- "Rovio Announces Second Season of 'Angry Birds Toons' Series". The Hollywood Reporter. 2013-09-17. Retrieved 2013-09-25.
- Ramin Zahed. (December 19, 2011) "Angry Birds Lands on Nicktoons". Animation Magazine.
- (March 21, 2012) "Angry Birds Space Headed to Nicktoons". IGN.
- "Rovio confirms Angry Birds mobile animation series". Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "A brand-new series hits ToonsTV – get ready for Piggy Tales! - Rovio Entertainment Ltd". Rovio.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "בקרוב: הסדרה על פי "אנגרי בירדס" בערוץ הילדים - וואלה! חדשות". News.walla.co.il. Retrieved 2013-09-25.