Angry Birds Toons
|Angry Birds Toons|
Angry Birds Toons Logo
|Created by||Mikael Hed
|Voices of||Antti Pääkkönen
Antti L. J. Pääkkönen
|Opening theme||"Angry Birds Toons"|
|Country of origin||Finland
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||69 (List of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Rovio Entertainment
Toon City (episodes 13-44; episode 47-present)
Atomic Cartoons (episodes 45-present)
|Original run||March 16, 2013– present|
Angry Birds Toons is a Finnish-American animated TV series based on Rovio's video game franchise of the same name. This animated series provides explanations for the rivalry between the birds and the pigs; it also relates the birds' and pigs' (so far) comedic adventures among themselves and against each other. Episodes are being released on a schedule of one per week every Sunday.
There was an introductory episode called "Meet the Flock," which introduced the characters to the audience and gave most of the birds their names. None of the green pigs have been identified by name so far, but all the various types of pigs visible in the Angry Birds game (such as the king pig and the helmeted pig) have been shown. The episodes are all fairly short; so far they are all under three minutes. No dialogue is used, only facial expressions, sound effects and simple vocalizations, similar to many of the Tom & Jerry cartoons of the mid-twentieth century. This allows the cartoons to be understood by virtually all cultures worldwide without alteration or translation.
As of September 2013, Angry Birds Toons has been viewed more than 1 billion times since it launched in March 2013. By July 2014, ToonsTV had been viewed over 3 billion times. On October 13, 2014, Rovio announced that Angry Birds Toons will continue on October 19, premiering Season 2 with the episode "Treasure Hunt".
- The Blues (Jay, Jake and Jim)
- Bubbles (Halloween specials like Night of The Living Pork(Season 1) and Sweets of Doom(Season 2) only)
- Stella (Meet the flock and Stella Toons only)
- Hal (in a future uptade)
- Minion Pig
- Helmet Pig (aka Corporal Pig)
- King Pig
- Chef Pig
- Moustache Pig (aka Foreman Pig)
- Professor Pig
- Chronicler Pig
- Zombie Pigs (Night of Living Pork only)
- Stronger Prisoner Pig (Hamshank Redemption, Sir Bomb of Hamelot (aka Knight Pig), Cold Justice and Brutal vs Brutal only)
- Guard Pigs (Hamshank Redemption and A pig's best friend only)
- Prisoner Pig (Hamshank Redemption only)
- Snail (Pig Plot Potion only)
- Red Pig (Pig Plot Potion only)
- Piggy McCool (True Blue? and The Truce only)
- Cameo Birds (Slappy-Go Lucky only)
- Mr. Fire (Fired Up only)
- Bomb-bee (Clash of Corns only)
- Fat Pig (El Porkador! only)
- Tiny Pig (Piggies from the deep only)
- Hard Pig (aka Hambo)(Hambo, The Truce and Treasure Hunt only)
- Gnome (Oh Gnome! and Dogzilla only)
- Caterpillar (Shrub it in only)
- Tenor Pig (Operation Opera and Piggy Tales only)
- Cave Pig (Cave Pig only)
- Dogzilla (Dogzilla only)
- Godzilla (Dogzilla only)
- Boulder Bro (Boulder Bro only)
- Chuck's Cousin (Mona Litha only)
- Betty (Mona Litha only)
- Tony (in a future uptade)
- Mighty Eagle (cameo in Slingshot 101)
- Mighty Dragon (cameo in Catch of the Day (Season 1) and Dogzilla (Season 2))
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||52||March 16, 2013||March 8, 2014|
|2||52||October 19, 2014||2015|
Rovio has announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video game series. They plan to produce 52 short episodes. The series will be produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the first 26 episodes of the first season on DVD and Blu-ray on 3 December 2013. Later the next year, Sony released the next 26 episodes on DVD and Blu-ray on 15 April 2014.
In 2011, Nickelodeon showed Angry Birds: Wreck The Halls, a Christmas special aired on 17 December 2011; and Angry Birds Space, an animated prequel to the video game of the same name in March 2012.
On 11 April 2014, Rovio released a new series titled Piggy Tales on their multi-platform broadcasting channel, Toons.tv, with the pilot episode being "Trampoline". The series show the minion pigs' life, with other exclusive characters to appear in various episodes, but no other pigs or birds are to be featured.
Angry Birds Stella
Based on the Puzzle Video Game spin-off of the same name, the series is based around Stella, the pink bird, along with her friends Luca, Willow, Poppy and Dahlia, as they work their way gainst Gale, the former friend of Stella, that currently is the queen of all pigs in Golden Island.
- Nickelodeon UK
- Boomerang UK (Season 2)
- Jeem TV
- Cartoon Network India
- Disney Junior
- Cartoon Network Too
- Disney Channel UK
- NHK World
- FARSI 1
- Clan TVE
- Super RTL
- Nickelodeon Russia
- TV3[disambiguation needed]
- "Rovio Announces Second Season of 'Angry Birds Toons' Series". The Hollywood Reporter. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Rovio confirms Angry Birds mobile animation series". Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Sluss, Justin (9 October 2013). "Rovio’s "Angry Birds Toons Season One Volume One" on Blu-ray December". High Def Disc News. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (19 February 2014). "‘Angry Birds Toons: Season One – Volume Two’ Soars to Disc April 15". Animation World Network. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Ramin Zahed. (19 December 2011) "Angry Birds Lands on Nicktoons". Animation Magazine.
- (21 March 2012) "Angry Birds Space Headed to Nicktoons". IGN.
- "A brand-new series hits ToonsTV – get ready for Piggy Tales! - Rovio Entertainment Ltd". Rovio.com. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Angry Birds Stella Animated Series!". Angry Birds. Retrieved October 4, 2014.