Anguilcourt-le-Sart Town Hall
|• Mayor (2008–2020)||Bernard Lemire|
|Area1||9.14 km2 (3.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||32/km2 (83/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||02017 / 02800|
|Elevation||50–111 m (164–364 ft)
(avg. 56 m or 184 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Anguilcourtois or Anguilcourtoises
Anguilcourt-le-Sart is located some 30 km south-east of Saint-Quentin and 25 km north-west of Laon. The A26 autoroute (Autoroute des Anglais, E17) from Saint-Quentin to Rheims passes through the north-eastern part of the commune but has no exit in the commune. Access to the commune is by the D69 road from Renansart in the north-east passing through the heart of the commune and village and continuing south to Les Larris. The D643 road also enters the commune from Achery in the west through the village and continuing east to Nouvion-le-Comte. the commune is almost entirely farmland except for some forest in the south-west.
Anguilcourt and Le Sart merged between 1790 and 1800.
List of Successive Mayors of Anguilcourt-le-Sart
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 292 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the town since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1] [Note 2]
Sites and Monuments
The Garden at Fort Mayot is registered as an historical monument.
- Anguilcourt-le-Sart on the old IGN website (French)
- Anguilcourt-le-Sart on Lion1906
- Anguilcourt-le-Sart on Google Maps
- Anguilcourt-le-Sart on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Anguilcourt and le Sart on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Anguilcourt-le-Sart on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force in 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- In the census table and the graph, by convention in Wikipedia, and to allow a fair comparison between five yearly censuses, the principle has been retained for subsequent legal populations since 1999 displayed in the census table and the graph that shows populations for the years 2006, 2011, 2016, etc., as well as the latest legal population published by INSEE
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anguilcourt-le-Sart.|