|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
|Autonomous community||Castile-La Mancha|
|Comarca||Sierra norte de Guadalajara|
|• Mayor||Claudio Sancho González (PSOE)|
|• Total||127.19 km2 (49.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,107 m (3,632 ft)|
|• Density||1.6/km2 (4.1/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
There is an important population of Dupont's Lark (Chersophilus duponti) in the surrounding environment.
Anguita's area has been populated since ancient times. Anguita has remains of a Roman camp, although it is possible that it has been a Celtiberian city before.
During the al-Andalus period, Anguita was located on the frontier with the northern Christian-held territory.
In 1813 the first Diputation of Spain was signed here.
- Cigüeña Tower.
- Remains of the Roman camp
- Castro del Hocincavero and some others ruins, such as those of Aguilar de Anguita, where is the biggest necropolis of this culture, "El Altillo".
- Saint Peter Church, a Romanesque-Gothic church.
- Virgen de la Lastra hermitage, the biggest church in the village.
- La Soledad hermitage, a typical local hermitage.
- Diputación de Guadalajara
- Information of the village from "Castilla-La Mancha: descubre y siente"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Anguita.|