Angus Charles Graham
He was born in Penarth, Glamorgan, Wales to Charles Harold and Mabelle Graham, the elder of two children. His father was originally a coal merchant who moved to Malaya to start a rubber plantation, and died in 1928 of malaria. Graham attended Ellesmore College, Shropshire, 1932–1937, and went on to read Theology at Corpus Christi College, Oxford (graduating in 1940), and Chinese at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London (graduating in 1949). In 1950 he was appointed Lecturer in Classical Chinese at SOAS, promoted to Professor in 1971, and to Professor Emeritus after his retirement in 1984. He lived in Borehamwood.
He also held visiting positions at Hong Kong University, Yale, the University of Michigan, the Society of Humanities at Cornell, the Institute of East Asian Philosophies in Singapore, Tsing Hua University in Taiwan, Brown University, and the University of Hawaii. He was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1981.
He died in Nottingham.
- Later Mohist Logic (reprint - Hong Kong: Chinese University Press, 2003)
- Chuang-tzu: The Inner Chapters (reprint - Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing, 2001)
- The Book of Lieh-tzu (reprint - New York: Columbia University Press, 1990)
- Disputers of the Tao: philosophical argument in ancient China (La Salle, Illinois: Open Court, 1989) [trans. into Chinese by Zhang Haiyan "Lun dao zhe: Zhongguo gudai zhexue lun bian", Beijing: Zhongguo shehui kexue chubanshe, 2003)
- Poems of the West Lake, translations from the Chinese (London: Wellsweep, 1990)
- Chuang-tzu: The Inner Chapters and other Writings from the Book of Chuang-tzu (London: Unwin Paperbacks, 1986)
- Divisions in early Mohism reflected in the core chapters of Mo-tzu (Singapore: Institute of East Asian Philosophies, 1985)
- Chuang-tzu: textual notes to a partial translation (London: SOAS, 1982)
- Later Mohist Logic, Ethics and Science (Hong Kong and London, 1979)
- Poems of the Late T'ang (Baltimore, Penguin Books, 1965)
- The Book of Lieh-tzu, a new translation (London: John Murray, 1960)
- "葛瑞汉( Angus Charles Graham ) 生平简介与论著目录（转）". 国学论坛's Archiver. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- Graham, Prof. Angus Charles’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 15 Oct 2011
- Translated Penguin Book - at Penguin First Editions reference site of early first edition Penguin Books.
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|