|Education||Master of Arts in Social Anthropology|
|Alma mater||Marlborough College, Edinburgh University|
|Notable works||Outlaw Chronicles series|
Donald's parents being British diplomats, much of his childhood was spent in various places around the world, including Greece, Hong Kong, Zaire and Indonesia. After graduating from Edinburgh University, Donald worked as a fruit-picker in Greece, a waiter in New York and as an "anthropologist studying magic and witchcraft" in Indonesia. He subsequently worked as a journalist in Hong Kong, New Delhi, Pakistan, Islamabad and Afghanistan before attempting to write his first novel.
The Outlaw Chronicles
- The Rise of Robin Hood (2013)
- The Betrayal of Father Tuck (2013)
- The Hostility of Hanno (2013)
Donald has confirmed that the Outlaw series will initially consist of five novels with Warlord, the fourth in the series, released in July 2012. According to the authors Twitter feed the fifth novel will be called Grail Knight. In late March 2013, an Ebook-only prequel to the series called The Rise Of Robin Hood was published with another prequel, The Betrayal Of Father Tuck, due for release in mid-April 2013. He plans to write a trilogy "set in Ancient Greece", and possibly a further three Outlaw books, set around the time of the Magna Carta.
- Debbie (23 September 2011). "Interview with Angus Donald author of Outlaw - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs". Bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "About Angus Donald « Angus Donald". Angus-donald.com. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Jerelyn (2 May 2011). "Author Interview with Angus Donald « PaperBack Swap Blog". Blog.paperbackswap.com. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Donald, Angus (17 November 2001). "Freed aid workers taught Christianity to Muslims - Asia, World". The Independent. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Roberts, Martin (14 July 2010). "Novelist reinvents Robin Hood as medieval gangster | Reuters". In.reuters.com. Retrieved 28 October 2011.