Angus Reid Public Opinion
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
Angus Reid Public Opinion is the public affairs practice[clarification needed] of Vision Critical, a software development company that creates online research[clarification needed] tools. It was established in 2006 under the name Angus Reid Strategies by Dr Angus Reid, a Canadian sociologist who founded his first research company in 1979. Reid sold the Angus Reid Group to Paris-based Ipsos SA in 2000. Angus Reid Public Opinion conducts regional, national and multi-country research[clarification needed].
Angus Reid polls are conducted using the Angus Reid Forum, Springboard America (www.springboardamerica.com) and Springboard UK (www.springboarduk.co.uk) online panels. Angus Reid Public Opinion uses technology created by Vision Critical to send surveys on political and social issues that panelists can respond to from their computer, tablet or smart phone.
Since 2006, Angus Reid has covered[clarification needed] twelve provincial elections, and two federal elections in Canada.  In 2009 Angus Reid introduced the Real Ballot for the British Columbia provincial election - a revolutionary approach that showed respondents the candidates that were running in their respective constituencies.
In November 2010, Angus Reid Public Opinion covered[clarification needed] a U.S. election for the first time, offering accurate predictions[clarification needed] of the contests in California, New York and Ohio. In 2012, Angus Reid Public Opinion provided a correct forecast of the US Presidential election.
- Opinion polling for the next United Kingdom general election
- Next United Kingdom general election
- Opinion polling for the United Kingdom general election, 2010
- United Kingdom general election, 2010
- "Et si c'étaient les sondages en ligne qui avaient maintenant raison?".
- "Comparing the Pollsters and Pundits".
- "Polls Got the Big Picture".
- "Pollster Bragging Rights". The Star (Toronto). 16 October 2008. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Tories regain 17-point lead over Labour in new poll". Daily Mail. 21 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "FiveThirtyEight Forecasts Ohio Governor". NewYorkTimes.com. 4 November 2010. Archived from the original on 29 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Which Polls Fared Best (and Worst) in the 2012 Presidential Race". NewYorkTimes.com. 10 November 2012.
- Official website
- [www.angusreidforum.com/ Forum]
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|